Are there many A6 owners on here???

I wondered why I didn't get any responses when I posted previously....

i like this site its got more uk ppl its good to see a few ppl with good taste lol i cant say ive had any specific a6 problems i mean a lot of the problems are carried on thru the range

Last night i gave one of my mates a lift home. On the way it became apparent he thought i'd bought a new car and was very surprised when he realised it had done 140000 miles and was 5 years old. Couldn't believe condition etc. So this morning on the way to work i was more than a little p****d off when a nurse drove her Seat Arosa into my door and left a nicely creased red and black go faster stripe down the side of the car as i was driving past the end of her side road. She said she didn't see me. I get this when out on the bike, but you didn't see 1.75 tonnes of A6 coming?! What made it worse was her 10 year old heap only collected a scuff mark on the bumper. Yours, very grumpy

Yeah i get that crap when i'm out on the bike 2 hence main beam on all the time! A6's happen to be 1 of the biggest cars on the road (cars! not oversized 4x4 type peoplewagon junk!) no excuse, hope her insurance gonna sort it all out, and didn't see me, more like she didn't look!

And I'm an S6 owner so "HELLO!!".

Irritatingly some old cun# on a pushbike deliberately knocked my wing mirror off this morning as i didnt leave enough room for him and his collostomy bag it would seem. I chased him but he hid- very amusing in retrospect!! Glad i didnt catch him though as he may have had a large V8 up his jacksey- which he may have enjoyed.

Rant over.

Hello all!!

Incidentally, just got back from 2k run to south of France, the motor did me proud. not a glitc. Love that cruise control. Mind you average consumption of 20mpg not great!! Anyone with Xenons need to know how to change over reflector aligment for Europe, mail me- it's easy.

Jukesy

A6 owner here in Ireland. Love the car great long distance machine

As a first car I wouldnt have anything else but an A6, tried the BMW route many years ago before going Audi and wouldnt go back. Even had a Lexus, but that put 10 years on me.

Looked at an a4 Avant before buying this one but the boot space was smaller than my previous A6 2.8q. Need the spoace with 3 kids and a dog.

In the last twelve months, Ive driven the the south of Austria and France and its effortless.

I must admit I used to lurk and only posted if I felt I had some good information to add, such as the part number for the windows problem.

Now this A6 forum is starting to get busy and more of us keep appearing out of the woodwork ,lets keep it up

Cheers

Simon

Bought myself an A6 2.7T off Ebay (yes, Ebay).

What a gorgeous, wonderful car.

Nowhere near as easy to roll as my poor old 80 Estate was!

Currently trying to get it modded because I got thrashed by one of those stupid little Honda Civic Type R shopping trollies.:scared2:

Well heres an updated list upto now

bigblokey0
Dracoro
Dummi
Marmite
MartinM
DrMatrix
Fjtwelve
Ewok
Topscaff
Evomaster3000
Mykaloon
simonwjones
HNH5
Dreddg
Timsp8
Daver
Barkersoldbean
Mickey A6
Jason
Maxlbrown
Joeski
Werdna
Jukesy
Enda1
Buzz
Nmb
Giblets

I make that 2.7t sorry 27 of us up to now

lets keep this forum rolling, you never know, one day we may be posting as much as the A3 forum

Simon

Make that 28

bigblokey0
Dracoro
Dummi
Marmite
MartinM
DrMatrix
Fjtwelve
Ewok
Topscaff
Evomaster3000
Mykaloon
simonwjones
HNH5
Dreddg
Timsp8
Daver
Barkersoldbean
Mickey A6
Jason
Maxlbrown
Joeski
Werdna
Jukesy
Enda1
Buzz
Nmb
Giblets
BIGJJS

this is the thing how often do all these ppl come online im on daily what everyone else

i've just recently registered so havent posted much. Mainly trying to get through the majority of the information i've been searching for before i start posting things that have already been covered.

im new to the A6 owners club.....

AUDIA6007sm.jpg

AUDIA6002sm.jpg

AUDIA6003sm.jpg

looking good welcome to the A6 club!!!

Hello All

Lost count of the number of A6 owners on this thread..count me in I've just got mine this weekend.

CIMG0150.jpg

And another.......

I've got a standard 2002 1.9TDi, and it's a great car. Wouldn't mind an RS6 though! ;-)

I'm just psyching myself up to do a major brake overhaul, as the standard brakes are past their best (lots of judder). I'm thinking new standard discs all round, with maybe EBC "Greenstuff" pads. Anyone tried them?

I have submitted pics to my gallery of my A6 3.0TDI ABT/AMD AVANT. Forgive me if you've already seen them. I wanted to include myself as an A-SIXER in this section.
:thrashi:
IMG_0053-1.jpg

yep and here is another A6 owner
car3.jpg

ps A6 owners how do you set the clock, i disconected the battery to get rid of the flood under the battery,
i have no book with my car....going to give previous owner a ring when i get a mo.:unsure:

Hi there,
Make that one more..............
I sold my faithful old 1998 2.8q saloon and moved onto a 4.2q Avant, wow! She's a beast!
Had my A6 saloon for 51/2 yrs - no probs!
Also am proud to own a 20v ur - the usual tornado red.
I can feel my cuffs tightening already!
Where am I on the list? Lost count.............

bought this car recently A6 2.0L auto,1995 petrol (m) ABK engine it was a prt ex and as i love audis i took pity on this car and bought it. 124.000 miles

Having spent on tyres etc to get it road worthy and through it's Mot

I am having problems with irratic tick over/cutting out until it warms up. and then hunts, i like smooth engines and this is getting on my pip when driving though as if on a long stretch of road it's fine....

as suggested by several people can i attribute this to the air mass unit ?

if so where can i get one? i like working on this car it would be a shame to give up on it

another problem i am getting is when driving (before above problem) shift from 2 to 3 gear it wouldn't go into gear straight away and the revs would increase as if in neutral and then kick into gear with a jolt..otherwise i am enjoying life with my audi.

would the air mass meter effect emmissions? :blackrs4:

I have changed, fuel filter, plugs, dist-cap and rotor arm. will invest in leads but the ones that are on there seem fine and newish and placed injector cleaner in tank with fresh petrol.

Just completed a HPI check on my new motor and its all clear!

SO I guess I can be added to the list:

Well heres an updated list upto now

bigblokey0
Dracoro
Dummi
Marmite
MartinM
DrMatrix
Fjtwelve
Ewok
Topscaff
Evomaster3000
Mykaloon
simonwjones
HNH5
Dreddg
Timsp8
Daver
Barkersoldbean
Mickey A6
Jason
Maxlbrown
Joeski
Werdna
Jukesy
Enda1
Buzz
Nmb
Giblets
BIGJJS
Meatychi

bigblokey0 said:
this is the thing how often do all these ppl come online im on daily what everyone else

Been away for a bit, but now I am on here nearly everyday its a really good site to try and sort out any problem :)

Can I Come in and play too please?:jump:
I've had an A6 2.4se for about 4 months now and its great. Very standard though. Already thinkin about an 2.8q Avant in the near future!

bigblokey0
Dracoro
Dummi
Marmite
MartinM
DrMatrix
Fjtwelve
Ewok
Topscaff
Evomaster3000
Mykaloon
simonwjones
HNH5
Dreddg
Timsp8
Daver
Barkersoldbean
Mickey A6
Jason
Maxlbrown
Joeski
Werdna
Jukesy
Enda1
Buzz
Nmb
Giblets
BIGJJS
Meatychi
karl7900

:scared2: Hello peoples
I have a 2002 A6 130Se Tdi
Look forward to getting to know you and learning/Trading our collective Wisdom.
Regards
Ed

bigblokey0
Dracoro
Dummi
Marmite
MartinM
DrMatrix
Fjtwelve
Ewok
Topscaff
Evomaster3000