2000 A6 2.4Q Slow Front Wipers

Drmatrix

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi,
has anyone encountered this problem Just got a my A6 a couple of weeks back and been loving it.
But there was a spot of rain this afternoon to my horror when i put on the front wipers they were really slow it was almost as if the blade were sticking to the windscreen.
Has anyone faced this problem?
What could be the cause and the solution?
Tried lifting up the blades to see if it would go at normal speed but no joy.
....:blownose:

Thanks
Drmatrix

wiper motors are around £60 IIRC, and just bolt on in place of the old one.. don't think its too difficult DIY

i would put my money on the link age, the steel mech seizes in the alu casing, disconnect motot and check it first, bit af a pain in the **** job though, but don't get caught out with buying a motor first!!

Motor maybe tired now if it has been seizing up over a period of time though

Brill,
Thanks Guys it Just occured to me that the fact it went if for a full valet might have some thing to do with it.
I do it this weekend and let you know how it goes

Fantastic News
Got the missus to drop it of at a local Garage this morning after speaking to the chap yesterday.
He started quoting £130 from audi to repalce the linkages etc.
Went to great length to tell him i thought it would be the Linkages siezed up following the Valet and with the summer Heat and all.
Anyway he sprayed something from a can onto some bits near the wiper and hey presto it works now:arco: .
Very pleased to say the least.
Thanks Guys for the Advice