rear door card removal A6 Saloon

daver

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Any ideas as to where to start? there are 2 screws on the top panel but apart form that I cannot see where to go next.

Got a problem with the door, everything does not work, ie electric window, trim lights, interior light when the door is open and the dash does not register the door as being open so Im guessing something to do with the wiring? The only thing that works is the central locking but is that electric or pneumatic?

cheers in advance

Dave

undo the 2 screws u mentioned then simply lift the door card up, simple.

Probabily 1 or more of the connectors have come loose, there is a few of them.

Hi EvoMaster,

got the door panel off as you said, very easy but none of the connectors are loose, any idease?

the fact that the onboard PC cannot detect when the door is open or closed the eelctric window does not work is there somewhere else I could look, the central locking is working and it looks electrical but no windows and no door switch or detedction when the door is open?

the electric window switch does not open the windows nor does the drivers switch either

cheers

Dave

drmatrix,

yes i have checked the fuses, that was the first thign i did as I am a test engineer. the other three doors are working fine, so it aint the fuses unless I am missing something. Have you had a problem like this before? any help is appreciated

thanks

Dave

there is also a block connector inbetween the door hinge its coverd with a black boot, worth a check bud.

cheers fast,

will check that out tomorrow and keep you posted

Dave

found the problem, three cut power ground wires :) will try to get them soldered back up in between the rain showers up here :(

cheers all
Dave

everything soldered up and now working, windows, door switch etc.. Superb just need to get that air con belt back on now and everything will be fine :)

Cheers

Dave