Air con and Air Quailty Sensor

simonwjones

Reaction score
My aircon has always been ice cold until last week, when suddenly it seems no where near as cold as previously when set to low.

There was no steady change but seemed very sudden. One day it was ice cold the next it was luke warm.

The fans etc seems to be working and Ive checked all the relevant fuses ( I think)

when it was on vagcom on saturday there was a fault shopwing that there was a problem with the Air Quality Sensor. Googling these seems to suggest that this ony monitors the pollen etc entering the car, so I cant see if there is any relevance.

Does anyone have any ideas on this

Cheers

Simon

Just as I thought, Ive checked that the fan is working and the compressor seems to kick in normally, just seems strange how it happened so fast. Worst possible time in this weather especially with leather seats

Just had the aircon regassed to no avail. noc change but definately no leaks either.

Turns out it the compressor pump. You can actually sping the pump hilst still attached and running off the auxilary belt. A friend of mine whose garage it is said it a common problem with VAG cars and that there is a shear pin inside that goes if there is a problem with the compressor.

Anybody have the correct part number for the part A6 1.9TDOI 2002

just trying to get an idea of cost

cheers

Simon