wierd indicator problem

maxlbrown

Deep Blue
Reaction score
Any had the indicators stop working for no reason. this happened to me yesterday.

When either left or right is selected the lights came on but did not flash. hazards worked fine and all the bulbs are ok.

The about a couple of minutes into the return journey they started working fine.

I have used my fault code reader and VAG com neither have registered any faults on the electrical system.

The last time i had anything like this was when i run a hundred what cb radio burner in my car. which really screwed up the indicators when using said device.

The only thing i can think of is if the area i was in had a high output radio transmitter not sure it was in devizes in wiltshire.

Or is something on the way out like a flasher unit and if so any ideas where it is on a 2000 model A6 2.4

Thanks

Confused

Had a similar problem with my wife's VW polo, indicator stalk was knackered. Bought a new stalk fitted it, problem gone. I was able to confirm this though by waggling the stalk fore and aft with a bit of up and down, every now and again the indicators worked.

not sure if this helps or not

TonyT

100% Hazard switch in centre of dash very cheap and easy to replace 15 min work tops!
Dealers don't even charge much to do it, my local dealer I know charge .3 of an hr so it all depends on there labour rate!
Enjoy

I have just experienced exactly the same problem - indicators are permanently on, all bulbs OK and hazzard lights blink normally. Please could you let me know what the problem was in the end?