my a6 keeps locking itself is this normal?

bigblokey0

Reaction score
ill be doing something in the car then ill shut the door walk off come back and the car has locked itself :confused:

Haven't noticed that - but if I unlock it and don't then open a door it does re-lock itself within a couple of minutes.

I know that most newer audis are supposed to re-lock themselves after 60 seconds if you've unlocked the car with the remote, but not opened the door. Its supposed to be in case you accidentally unlocked your car.

I'm not sure why your's is re-locking despite you having opened the door though? Perhaps one of your door switches is stuck and permanently registering closed? Do you have the DIS on your car? - if so does it show the relevant door open symbol when you open each door or the boot?

My 98 A6 is the same..... can be a problem if you've left the keys on a seat or in the boot while you're unloading etc.

Sounds like a faulty microswitch in the door lock. Have you had any readings saying your o/s door is closed when its open, or showing that all four doors are open etc?

I have had same problem. Vindis Audi of huntingdon could not find fault but after discussing problem. it appears I don't use the car enough so the motor sticks:ermm: