Fuel Economy

banjo_guru

Reaction score
Is there a chip kit or modification that can be used to improve the fuel economy of an A6? 24 mpg is kind of sad.
Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

You should feel lucky that you get that much, I usually get between 16 - 18 mpg. I drove to Vegas once and got 21mpg and I though I hit the jackpot. I have a 98 2.8, what do you suppose I could do to get 24 mpg.....besides not flooring it everywhere I go.

24 MPG is rather good for a 6 cylinder. Must be on flat land. Try the hills of Jersey. Try a K&N air filter. The A6 has a different one then in the book. The book shows one that is 1/2 inch wider. Need one for the other engine. It's tought to get out, one of those clips holding on the filter covers are in a real tight spot.
Put the air on ECON so it's not on all the time.

to jake 57,
I have the same situation as you ,as far as mfg......but boy, ain't it fun to floor it all the time?...lol

Getting 24mpg??? Amazing!

I'm never over 20 on highway driving and arround 16 on city miles, driving arround the hilly side of North West Arkansas.

In case you're wondering, yep... always flooring it + a thirsty V8 under the hood.