Off road tyres for Allroad

realtec

Reaction score
Hi,

This has no doubt been asked before, but I've searched the forum and can't see a straight answer. It's true the allroad is a hell of a car, but I live at the back of a farm, and when the track I have to drive on (30 degree incline) to get to our house gets a snow covering in winter, or when I'm towing my bike trailor with two motocross bikes to a enduro event usually in a farmers field, the pirelli p6 allroad tyres let the car down badly. I know these tyres are road tyres, but no-one seems to be able to suggest or offer an off road tyre. Is there a off road tyre I can fit to a spare set of wheels so I can switch them over accordingly? I don't want a compromise tyre.

Rick

Hi,

I'm from the UK, and I'm living in Canada at the moment, and I've bought an 2001 Allroad 2.7T. I drove from Toronto to the other side of Canada, to British Columbia, on the standard Allroad tyres. When I started driving on snow covered roads I found that they were not very good, the traction control light often flashed etc. I changed them for some proper winter tyres, some Toyo Garit KX.

They made such a difference in snow, no traction control lights and loads of grip, and the car isn't noisy and seems to handle the same on dry rooads. I don't know if these tyres are available in the UK, but try to get something similar.

Hope this helps.

Andrew