HID Xenon lighting system

rne

Reaction score
Having just bought a 1998 A6 2.4 I fancied upgrading the lights to Xenon lights. Having looked around I came across a company called HIDS4U (www.hids4u.co.uk). It is rare that I am impressed by the service and the product that a company offer but in this case both are fantastic (no I don't have shares in them!). If anyone wants better lighting on their car contact HIDS4U as it makes a huge difference and for the price it is a bargain. Really easy to fit as well.

rne said:
Sorry I would have replied earlier but been away.

If you follow the link below you should find the images. I could not work out how to upload the images directly to this site!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3293476

If you have any questions please let me know.

How easy are these to fit? also where did you put the ballast as there isnt much room in the engine bay? Have you just got dipped Xenon or dipped/main Xenon?

Thanks for you help

Hiya,

I too used Hids 4 u for replacement Ds2 Xenon bulbs for my MINI, my MINI is actually on their website.
Impressed with the service, never really thought about HId kits as there is a legality issue.
Pics look good though :cool:

These are great HIDs. I too have them on my 2004 A6 (C6 chassis).
Mind you, an absolute nightmare to fit when you have a 3.2 engine. Very snug.

You guys had any problems regarding MOT with these lights? I don't have headlight washers or auto height adjustment so I was wondering if the MOT guys will cause a issue..

Veeduber said:
These are great HIDs. I too have them on my 2004 A6 (C6 chassis).
Mind you, an absolute nightmare to fit when you have a 3.2 engine. Very snug.

You guys had any problems regarding MOT with these lights? I don't have headlight washers or auto height adjustment so I was wondering if the MOT guys will cause a issue..

There would be a issue in that there is no Auto headlight adjustment and washers and this would normally fail a MOT, I guess it's just how good the MOT Testing station is!

When I had genuine factory fitted xenons, I put 6000k bulbs on, and they picked up on that!

I fitted the ballasts onto the back of the headlight covers (a tight fit on the offside because of the air filter intake), it keeps them as far away from the engine heat as possible and obviously keeps them dry, although they are sealed so a bit of water won't hurt.

No problems with the MOT but there is always next year :)

If the worst comes to the worst I can easily switch them back again as there is no cutting of wires etc.

They are only for the dipped beam.

Aldo said:
Hiya,

I too used Hids 4 u for replacement Ds2 Xenon bulbs for my MINI, my MINI is actually on their website.
Impressed with the service, never really thought about HId kits as there is a legality issue.
Pics look good though :cool:

Aldo

What "legality issue" is there???

dreddg said:
Aldo

What "legality issue" is there???

Hi,

By law all Xenon lights should have Auto levelling mechanism.
Also they should be hooked up to a Headlight washer system which will be on some cars but not all.
I can understand about the auto levelling function as they can be pretty bright, I believe the washer spray is for Beam re-fraction but I don't think spraying a bit of water on a car lamp would make much difference, but on paper it obviously does!

Si