Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Excessive Front Tyre Wear

Hi everyone - just joined and I hope you can help.

I have a 1997 A6 (rebadged 100) Avant 2.5 Tdi SE and I'm going through front tyres like there's no tomorrow.

I bought the car 2 years ago and it came fitted with Pirelli P6000 205x60x15 tyres all round.

The fronts seem to be wearing on both outer edges but not the main tread.

I've had all the relevant joints, bushes etc checked and all are fine. I've had the tracking set and this is fine. I'm using the suggested tyre pressure of 34psi all round and I'm wondering if I should be looking at another tyre type.

Has anyone else come across this problem ?? I found this page - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar...;p_model=%2022 - and this states that they found a serious front tyre wear problem. Can anyone offer any suggestions

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Excessive Front Tyre Wear

Classic problem with Diesels is the front tyre wear that you will get with ...engine set up and the way the torque is..causes front tyre wear..not much you can do except change your driving style......and as you said change tyre make to more wearing tyre

You have done all the other things that would cause the problem so i would put down to just been diesel