Auto/Tipronic Gearbox

claytow

Reaction score
Website
www.blukuk.com
Hi,

Have a W reg 2000 S6 4.2 V8 40v which has the auto/tip gearbox. The gearbox itself is smooth as anything under decent acceleration and cruising but around town its a bit clunky and lumpy. Might there be anything wrong or is this just something I am going to have to live with due to engine size etc? Have spoken to Audi and they dont recommend a gearbox service yet. Car only done 42,000.
Just wondered if others experience the same i.e. is this normal?

Thanks

I had the tiptronic box in my A4 2.8Q and it was good but not perfect.

What do you mean by clunky and lumpy? My car used to pause slightly before changing down which could make the car jerk slightly.

You may well be low on transmission oil so it might be worth just getting it changed.

Well sort of mean that yeah, on the gearchange up it seems fine, when coming to a stop it seems to jerk allot as it changes down and comes to a stop.. could be due to a pause I guess

Change the oil. Can't stress that enough! I change the oil every service (on variable) and it makes a difference every time. Sounds fairly normal, but change the oil.

So, let's get this straight, you have asked them to take money from you and they have said no? Wow that's an interesting business model! I know it is not in the service schedule, but it really has made a difference to the 4 cars I know that have had it done.

Get them to change the oil wont do any harm............still think it is maybe sensor related