getting a new A6 avant

griffj

Reaction score
Website
www.qrsport.com
will be looking into getting a nearly new (less than 6 months old) A6 avant, it will be diesel,
just wondered if any other A6 owners have any advice on engine size spec for me before i start searching. i allready have an A4 avant 1.9 TDI which i will be keeping.
any advice would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Are you talking about the new model or old model?

If old, I reckon 1.9TDi is the one to go for - but I'd advise you get sport spec and 6sp box (if you want manual). Best blend of performance and economy IMHO.

If new, has to be 3.0TDi Quattro S-line! Awesome car.

I agree with Mickey_a6 It has to be the 3.0tdi quattro s-line....if I only had the money........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yep - had one as a loan when mine was in for a service last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif As you say, if only had the money!

cheers guys, going to the local dealer tomorrow (chester audi) to check out there 3.0TDI a6 demo, (not an s-line tho)
any ideas on MPG for the 3.0, dont really want one thats going to rape me in the wallet, i do a lot of miles a week.
ive been offered a good deal, as my boss was in the car game for nearly 30 years, so can get me a fantastic finance deal.
plus i have a £10k trade in to get rid of.