Hope this helps others especially on the 4.2 V8!!!

CO11K9

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before on this forum as after a search I can't find any thread on it, so I had a yellow engine light pop up and two codes for the secondary air system. I changed the fan/pump and there was still a problem!!!! My car was still not driving at 100% and the yellow engine light came back on!!! so after much searching around and looking through other forums I decided to check my two air actuators situated at the front of the engine. Apparently the 2 inch long plastic arms have a tendency to break so the actuator doesn't perform at all as it shoul, affecting the performance and torque of the engine. Sure enough one of mine is broken!! A call to Audi made me laugh as Usual the Actuator and the arm only come as a unit £280!! For one!! So I found a company in America called Gruven parts who make the arms out of ally I think and do the 2 or 1 inch arms depending on your model. I can by two plus delivery for about £130. And they look very bling but will last a lifetime, shame they are hidden by the engine cover!! About 1 to 2 week delivery. I will update this thread with pics if wanted and a performance update!! Hope this helps anyone, please check those rubbish plastic arms ;-)

Reactions: AudiLeon