Updating Nokia car kit - help needed on removing trim

datcullen

Reaction score
Hi all,

S6 avant came with a Nokia car kit (CARK-91 I presume) fitted that uses the Concert speakers. As the cradle is the old 6210 cradle I wanted to update it so I could use a 6230i

I've just bought what I thought was an adapter that slots into the cradle to allow it to take a 6230i (my neigbour has one) but found it is actually a converter (Nokia CA55) that requires me to locate the black box (and fit a new cradle).

The cradle is fitted on the LH side of the centre console and the wire runs into the RH side of the glovebox and then behind the dash.

Does anyone know how to remove the glovebox unit? I can see there are three hex head screws in the top edge of the glovebox. Does undoing this allow me to remove the glovebox?

Thought I would ask before I start pulling the dash apart! If it is going to be too much hassle I'll send it back and try and get the simple slot-in adapter. But the new cradle is much smaller and would look better so if anyone has any advice I'll maybe give it a go.

Many thanks in advance
Beau

No one able to provide any advice on whether the three hex had bolts allow me to remove the glovebox? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TIA
Beau

having done the same as you I think that there is a couple of screws inside the glovebox and a couple underneath. It simply drops out then. I too upgraded my car kit to the smae as yours. much better than using the adaptor in the old cradle

hope this helps

Simon

Thanks Simon - just the info I needed! I'll give it a bash and let you know how I get on

Beau