RSN E

jacksims91

5th Gear
Reaction score
Hi All.

New to the site, this is my first post! :cool:

I have a 2004 Audi A6 with a symphony 2 stereo inside, but I am looking to upgrade to something a little more modern. I have been reading about the RSN-E system but to be honest I don't know much about them. What would be the best / easiest way to upgrade it? and can do I need one from another A6 or do all models have the same size?

Cheers!

Jack

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: jacksims91
RNSe is your best bet if you want to keep the oem look, I'm not up to speed on them, but I think functionality wise there are better after market units about if you want to go that route.

You'll need one from another C5 as all the faceplates tend to be different.

You're lucky really. Starting with a Double din is nice and easy.
You will need to find a A6 one. Although the RNS-E's behind are pretty much the same. The facias are different between cars. I.e a A4 one looks different to a A6, TT, A3.
You'll need a wiring adaptor to quadlock.
Audi A3 A4 A6 TT RNS-E sat nav PLUG PLAY adapter retrofit kit installation set | eBay
You might want to spend more for a better quality one. I've fitted 2 now and they've been fine on the cheaper ones.

Audi A6 S6 RS6 Allroad RNS-E sat nav DVD navigation system 2012 maps 4B0035192P | eBay
Then pick up one like above. I waited, shopped around and got one for less than £300.

Take out your old stereo, fit the adaptor, plug into RNSE, route the GPS to somewhere so it'll get good signal.
Fit the stereo.

It will work, but if you can get someone to make all the cars settings right with VCDS it'll be even better.

Thanks for the replies guys

BlackQuat, if I was going to buy both of these items from ebay, would this be all I needed for the removal of the old system and the installation of the new?

Cheers

Yep. The adaptor has everything you need bar VCDS. Where are you based? There is a map in the VCDS section. Someone would happily code it in for you.

I am based in Hayes West London but work in Chorleywood junction 17 m25. Sorry what is the VCDS?

Vagcom. It's for logging into the car and changing settings.

If you're still after a RNS-E then i have one here from my old a6 which i crashed, sadly i misplaced the code but you can get it from the dealer- i will supply you with the VIN number... I also have VCDS and i can code it for you as well... I am based in N. London so not too far from you... Regards,
Chris- 07789912128.

If you're still after a RNS-E then i have one here from my old a6 which i crashed, sadly i misplaced the code but you can get it from the dealer- i will supply you with the VIN number... I also have VCDS and i can code it for you as well... I am based in N. London so not too far from you... Regards,
Chris- 07789912128.

You can download a firmware which will reveal the code.

Hi Again.

After spending the last 2 weeks trawling the internet trying to get hold of an RNS-E unit to fit my a6, I have still had no luck. Does anyone know of any online stores that stock them? or anyone that has one for sale? I am starting to think about putting a after market unit in there just because I can't find an RNS-E. Its not really what I want but what choice do I have?

Any help would be great!

Thanks a lot!