Engine fault

MartinM

DK55 XYH
Reaction score
Hello all,

On the way back from the shop today the glow plug light started flashing, is this an indicator of one problem or will i need Vag-Com to pull the codes??

My A6 does this very occasionally, (almost always at the same spot on my way home from work). Doesn't seem to be any underlying problem.

If you look at your owner manual it shows that if this light comes on there is a problem with the mangement system and the car will go into limp mode(reduced power)

As Rev-head says, it means there is a fault and the car should be taken to stealers (as the manual states, straight away)

Try a Vag-com check on the car. May not be a direct fault with the glow plugs...more than likely not.

Dan

Do you have any kind of adjustable tuning box on your car? I had one on my SEAT Ibiza 1.9TDi and if I adjusted the screw too far towards the + sign, the glow plug light would come on until I adjusted it back.
Rev-head is correct, in that it indicates an engine management fault but could be as simple as a tuning box if you have one.

i don't have a tuning box as such but have had my chip reprogrammed by upsolute. This only started happening after filling up at a petrol station this is soon top close down, i am juts wondering if they are not taking the care that they normally would in regards to there fuel deliverys and water getting into the deisel...