Door handle problem

d3m0n

Reaction score
My drivers door handle seems to have suddenly become a pita deciding when it wants to open the door and when it doesn't. Seems to be totally random sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't .......very odd, for reference this only affects the external handle and the door can be opened from the inside

Yes i had the same problem... Its a small cable that become to large in time. Could be that or there is a small pin that catches the cable to the handle and that needs to be putted back. Is not a difficult job. Ive done it by myself. U need to open the door cover and take out the window and the handle.

Once you know the knack its easy to adjust/repair/replace. I have posted several posts on this recently. be careful if you overadjust you can get into trouble! You don't need to remove the window, just the inside door trim which is very easy to remove.

do you have any links to the posts ms1083 you have posted ?
thanks i advance

mine has this problem too - I think an over zealous rep has stretched the linkage on mine!

Is there a how to for the door card removal?

Try you tube mate !
2 screws and a few electrical clips to unclip and your there .

same with mine... I got a new latch and got the garage to do the work.. £140 and it's as good as new...

:thumbsup: