MTM tuning

kam123

Reaction score
After lots of searching and phoning different companies it looks like I will be going to Kim Collins at QST for an MTM chip for my Allroad. As previuosly mentioned I have a 2.5 TDi with tiptronic & they are the only company that also reprogram the gearbox to handle the 420nm of torque.
Anyone here had an MTM re chip what are they like regards reliability? Any major problems?

Hi Kam,
Did you ever get your MTM re-chip at QST ? I would be interested in getting some feedback if you did as I have the same vehicle and am considering the same option. I would be interested to know if you have experienced any issues regarding reliability etc. but also if you consider it to be a worthwhile upgrade generally. Thanks.

man that was like 6 years ago lol...i think he may have sold his car and moved on mate

Still - I have the 1.9 130bhp CVT gearbox, and I'd be interested to know if it's possible (or recommended) to tune up the engine to 160-170bhp...

A

I've re-mapped our 1.9tdi up to 170bhp and 280ft lbs. Brilliant...

Is it a CVT or manual?

Star Performance in Kirkcaldy do a 130 to 172bhp remap for the 1.9tdi, but I think the CVT ECU needs remapped too, which in turn can make this already temperamental gearbox even more susceptible to problems....

Decisions decisions!!

A.

Well I wouldnt be touching QST for few reasons, 1st over priced by a mile, 2nd serious arrogance, 3rd only seem interested in big jobs & 4th wouldnt say particularly honest about the work they do from my experience plus they're miles from you, so just for distance I wouldnt say was worthwhile.