Central Locking Fault

Iain-A6

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to audis and the forum. I know there are loads of threads on central locking faults, i have looked and read most of them. My issue is similar but different in some ways. My central locking doesnt work by remote key or key. I unlock the drivers door and sometimes the alarm will go off, once it has opened all the doors but only once. Locking from the drivers door most the time it locks all the doors and boot but sometimes not.

The inner button is very intermittent and will unlock all the door normally with in 5 mins of driving off, not always through. I have check and WD40 the CCM the carpet was wet but the module looked untouched and dry. After WD40 all the connectors the inner button worked to unlock but wouldnt lock. The interior lights work but when opening the door they strobe on and off.

When i bought the car the guy said the remote central locking has never worked since he has had it. I suspect the driver door lock, but from reading other threads the windows dont go down ever and the remote fob doesnt work ever.

Any ideas...? can i check the function of the driver door lock whether it is working or not.

Thanks

You need to get the car scanned with VCDS, where are you based as someone may be able to help, or go into the VCDS section of the forum and look at the map.

would a snap on machine suffice? im in hertfordshire, stevenage to st albans and anywhere in between.

thanks

Ideally you want VCDS to check the actual central locking.
Do the lights come on when you open each door?
Does the dash show each door open?
Have you checked for broken wires in the door hinges?

Dash doesn't have that feature. If I have the interior lights on the open door function they either stay on all the time or when I open the door they strobe. I have had a quick look under the boot in the door ****
could see anything obvious.

Thanks

The microswitches are incorporated into the door handle. You need to remove the door card etc to get to them, a bit of a faff.

Ok, door as in back of outer door handle? Aren't they part of the lock mechanism? So I whole new lock will need to be purchased?

Thanks

As I understand it yes, I'm not saying that's your problem though.

If you leave your lights on, and open the door does the buzzer go? And if you have footwell/puddle lights do they come on with the door and the interior light?

Just re-reading you post, before you buy anything I would check all the wires in the hinge point, a broken wire as previously mentioned looks most likely.

Just re-reading you post, before you buy anything I would check all the wires in the hinge point, a broken wire as previously mentioned looks most likely.
I'll check when I get chance, nothing comes on when I open the door, except the interior randomly but hardly every.

I just checked and every door operates both interior lights except drivers

Last edited:
My money would be on the drivers door catch switch.
Did exactly the same on our A6.

i have to purchase a whole new door lock mechanism? Are they sided or universal between all doors. Also does the module number have to match exactly or just the last letter?

thanks

+ 1.

The ones from my A4 fitted my A6.

I have the two nearside ones available still, I have no idea if they will fit the offside doors, but if you can find that out they may be of use to you.

ok, well if someone knows the answer then we can sort something out, if not ill have to look at the one in the door and find one to suit.