2002 Audi Allroad its applying the brakes on its own going down the highway

ballomatic

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
hi my name is Doug I am new to this forum but I am hoping that somebody on here can help me out with this problem.

I had just recently purchased a 2002 Audi Allroad twin turbo v6 Quattro,

shortly after buying this car I noticed going down the highway that the ABS light came on the ride height like came on and the traction control light came on all at the same time going down the highway and it started acting like it was putting the brakes on by itself on and off.

now it is doing this every time you are doing it more than 70 mph and you try to accelerate even just alittle heavy.

I had a buddy to put a code reader on it and this is what came up

VCID: 4D9B536887B15C762F5-5140
5 Faults Found:

18320 - Pressure Sensor for Brake Boost (G294)
P1912 - 35-00 - Short to Plus
17965 - Charge Pressure Control
P1557 - 35-00 - Positive Deviation
18032 - MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for errors too!)
P1624 - 35-00 -
16487 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
P0103 - 35-10 - Signal too High - Intermittent
17537 - Fuel Trim; Bank 2 (Mult)
P1129 - 35-10 - System too Rich - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 1000

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I have also found the other problems with the car like the pyro meter sensor has been removed from the drivers side turbo and spliced into the passenger side turbo pyro meter sensor, but I just want to tackle one subject at a time

I wouldn't take it personally! So was the car actually braking, or did it just suddenly loose power. Your maf fault could trigger limp mode, which feels like you driven into a wall sometimes.

I would clear the fault codes and see what reoccurs when you testdrive it - poor connections or random voltage dips can cause phantom codes, then start chasing individual faults.

I wouldn't take it personally! So was the car actually braking, or did it just suddenly loose power. Your maf fault could trigger limp mode, which feels like you driven into a wall sometimes.

I would clear the fault codes and see what reoccurs when you testdrive it - poor connections or random voltage dips can cause phantom codes, then start chasing individual faults.

Thanx for the response.

And yes it feel like it's braking on its own, I guess there is a possibility that out could be the maf daily routing it into limp mode, I , really appreciate your input on the matter.
Do u think changing the mass air flow sensor would be a good idea to see if this is happening?

I've not noticed any electrical voltage dips though which I'm sure I probably wouldn't physically notice something like that.do you know of a way that I could check it to see if it was creating dips in the voltage.

and I wasn't trying to take that nobody was replying to my post personally I am just off of work for a short amount of time and was needing some info as soon as possible so I can get my wifes car fixed while I am off of work.

but again thank you for your response and information on the matter

I'd get the maf replaced. Right now it seems the most obvious route. Powerloss can certainly feel like the ancors have been applied.
It won't be good for the engine being tricked either.

I'd get that replaced and do a scan.