Random locking/unlocking

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I think this is the CCM playing up.
But when I unlock the car. It carries on unlocking then the windows go down abit. Then eventually all the way. When you're driving along, they keep unlocking and the interior light comes on. The dash doesn't suggest a door is open.
It's a 52plate 1.9tdi AWX

Well I replaced the CCM and it's still doing it. Hmmmm

Have you tried using a different key/remote? could be drivers door lock or wiring in door shut. Just an idea

Have you been able to VCDS it at all?

Yeh I have James, it's showing unable to de-safe rear. Which I don't think is the cause tbh.
Have you tried using a different key/remote? could be drivers door lock or wiring in door shut. Just an idea
We only have one key sadly. I'm going to strip out the doors this week and look. It's just clicked onto 199k so there's a good chance.
I've read online the door lock on the drivers door may be sticking and thinking the key is in the unlock posistion and causing the windows to go down. But I have comfort disabled. But does that disable the key in the lock comfort options??

Lots of questions! First thing is to get the door wiring out, check for damage. Then check the circuit in the door lock for dry joints.

Just had the wifes b7 drivers door apart trying to find intermittent door lock not locking, found slightly corroded pins in the door to a pillar plug, cleaned up and applied contact spray, its now working but for how long I dont know!
Plug was held together with a cable tie so its been a problem before.

Had it in lots of bits yesterday.
Blanked the EGR, Fixed the rear wiper and 'hopefully' fixed the unlocking. Took the door locking mech apart and it had moisture in it. Stripped it all down, dried it out and sorted the seals out.

Hi my ****** car does the same. Did you solve the lock problem? If so did you take any pics as I might attempt this....
Cheers

Hi H-M3,
It did fix it. It was moisture in the drivers door lock. I didn't take photos I'm affraid. It's an easy but time filled job. You need to remove the door frame to get the lock out. After that, it's nice and easy to strip down. Take photos of the springs, so you know how they go back together.