Diesel Filler Cap Won't Lock

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had this problem since i bought the car....never really bothered with it until now as at work there is a spate of diesel theft due to the car parks 'hidden from open eyes' location, oh and the company cant be bothered to fit cctv. Well, not until its one of theirs vehicles damaged!

Basically, the locking module in the bodywork which should operate when i lock the car...DOESN'T.

it is actually very loose when you pull the pin.

* Does anyone know how to remove the amp and sub so i can get access the locking motor in the rear?

* Has anyone suffered this problem?

My car is a Saloon model. Will post pics when i send them from mobile to pc.

Cheers

I'm not sure if you've sorted this yet but here goes anyway..

I did this on my 1.8T, only difference is mine failed closed so had to forced it open when I got to a Petrol station with no petrol left. I did try using the plastic pull cord you get in the boot, it snapped off in my hand, marvellous.

Anyway, removing the amp and sub is pretty easy, it's just a case of removing the interior lining and there's about 5 screws holding it in place. On mine, it was all in 1 unit so even I could do it. Once you get that out of the way, you'll see the screws holding the motor in place. Undo them and it should just fall away.

I got a new unit from a stealers and it cost about 30 quid. Fitting is easy enough, it just needs lining up and screwing back in.

Cheers shipp. will try that tomoro.

might even do a how 2 with pics.... not that it is a real common fault, (i dont think)