A6 2.7T engine chipping

PCMIKE

Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone experience of chipping a 2.7T (250 bhp model) in the UK. I've seen claims of increases from 35 to 57 bhp !! A large difference. Any reliability issues. I've the tiptronic version of the A6. Thanks.

The Revo remap gives the 2.7T 300bhp and 290lb ft torque. It's a reliable installation, do you know what ecu code you have?

I've not remapped a 2.7T myself but recently upgraded a PD130 Multitronic A6 for gizze, he was quite impressed.

yeah i think it was above 350hp they recommend uprating TIP so your in the safe

I've been talking to Cra1gyB about getting a 4.2 but 2.7's seem to be cheaper!

What is the standard performance and mpg like MIKE26? I need a tiptronic and would have to have it chipped eventually too!

Saw a 2001 A6 2.7 (250bhp model) with all the toys for about £10,500 I think.

Only problem is the 4.2 comes with a wide body.

I have a 2000W A6 2.7t quattro sport and it was originally 230bhp but I've had it remapped via AmD through Wayside Audi. It's been done almost a year and I've had no real problems that you'd expect... I did have a few hunting problems where the auto gear box wouldn't know which gear to select at 'high speed'. I have often had the car at the limiter. It was sorted in the end by AmD and it works perfectly.

Once the remap is done the performance is miles better than stock. It must be equivalent to the 4.2 V8. The guys at work have BMW 540's which are 4.4 v8's and my 2.7t has slightly higher bhp and torque, it currently has 297bhp and 319lbs of torque.

Now the side you might not expect. I warp discs like they're going out of fashion. The record is 6 days. I do live in Milton Keynes and always drive the car very hard.

I have been waiting for Danny at RSD in Daventry to upgrade the front brakes since May 2005 but he hasn't done the work yet. I don't doubt his technical skills but he always has a story or excuse, if you can get hold of him, as his staff don't see him for weeks and he never replies to Emails.

AmD do a brake solution but use Brembo discs which are designed for a Porsche which is 2/3 the weight of a 2.7t A6 and it'll warp the discs premature according to RSD.

I'm currently fed up with the brake situation and I'm thinking about getting rid of the car.

Any more questions please ask away. The above is as honest as I can be.

Certainly sounds like a 2.7 is an option.

I don't tend to drive hard unless it I find myself on a clear M25 which is very rare.

However, I'm planning a trip to Le Mans this year so I'd like something that can at the very least keep up with the slower fast cars!

Thanks for your help

i'm using porsche cayenne brakes no problems with warped discs, ecs do a full kit ask richa3turbo

2.7T - 18" alloys, full leather, front seats heated and lumbar support, sat nav + TV, interior light pack, rear cup holders, drop down 7" lcd screen, cost new 38k, paid 14.5k as one owner, 47k miles and 2yrs 8mths old.
MPG - 19 to/from work (12 miles on 30/50 mph roads), 27 on motorway with cruise set at 75 mph. Actual figures not figures from DIS which are out by 10%, don't know if this is due to larger wheel size. Performance , 0-60 in approx 7secs (not helped when 2nd gear does 80mph !!) As i'm in Manchester will be visiting http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/ (APR DIRECTPORT) and http://www.prosport.ltd.uk/ (REVO) to discuss they're engine tuning, with AMD also as a possibility.

My 2001Y 2.7T Tiptronic is AMD remapped to 307bhp, and I'm very pleased with it and them. I've had a couple of problems with the car, almost certainly not a result of the remap, and they were really helpful, always willing to talk on the phone or to have a look if I whizzed it up to them. I get 19mpg average and it is all town or fairly hard driving. Better car than the 4.2 apart from narrow body and no V8 sound!

Can be expensive to run, but no more than most other 300BHP 2 tonne cars. And it doesn't look like anything which means you can leave it and it should be there when you return!!!!