CTS AVF 1.9....what colour and where is it?

d3m0n

Reaction score
As per the title i have an unresponsive gauge, im hoping its just that the CTS is ****** so will replace that before it goes into the garage. I know they come in different flavours (colours) so what should i be purchasing for my AVF 1.9TDI?

Audi parts dept will tell you, think its green (replaced original black one)

audi parts wont tell you anything they say they are not allowed . but try it might just be bolton branch
How do you mean?, they won't sell you a part or they won't tell you what it looks like?,
you must've met some narky parts dept employees. At audi Glasgow I gave my reg number and asked for a cts with seal and clip. 5 mins later I had the thing and was on my way out the door.

Ps it is located in a coolant housing on the side of the engine block at the back left (looking from front if car), under the air inlet pipe before it enters the egr/inlet manifold. It has a plug with 4 wires going to it. Bit fiddly to get to but easy.

ok thanks for the info, looks liike ill have to pop in there to get ignored again!

Now im a hamfisted giant so i expect it will be a pita to do on my drive assuming you need to be doublejointed? lol

Hehe, it's not too bad, I removed the air box for a bit of elbow room and the intake pipe that goes into the egr too.
i have miniature hands and spindly fingers tho,
good luck!