2.5 tdi v6 Quattro avant water temp sensor.

Keggers

Reaction score
Could anyone advise where to get a new sensor for my motor. It looks like it has a green cap on the end of it. Is it a straight forward job to replace it?

Thankyou.

From any auto shop?!

Yes, it's very straight forward. If you do this job when engine is cold, just unplug the connector, take the clip out and pull the sensor. If you it when engine is hot, just uncap the expansion cap (to release the pressure) and put it back on and then do as instructed above.

Get a new seal as well. I would only fit a genuine CTS, cheaper ones does not seem to last...I do suspect the thermostat is blocked'stuck open though, not a easy job to sort on the good old v6 engine...

Get a new seal as well. I would only fit a genuine CTS, cheaper ones does not seem to last...I do suspect the thermostat is blocked'stuck open though, not a easy job to sort on the good old v6 engine...

Hi there again, new sensor fitted, coolant topped up, took it out for a run and temperature steady at 90 which is Center on my display needle. Can I assume this is all ok? Does this mean my thermostat is ok and not stuck open?

Cheers.

Your assumption is correct.