Has anyone ever fitted a..........

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone fitted an induction kit to a TDi?

What are the pro's?

I'm aware of the cons as i've fitted one on almost every car i've owned. ~However, never owned a TDi until now. (well had it 18months)

Are they worth it?

Are they too noisy? I once had V6 2.5 Petrol and the noise was unreal.........far too loud so i sold it!!!

I now have a 2.5 V6 TDi SE 155Bhp.

Thanks in advance for your comments or experiences.

Tdi_dan

There is a huge thread about this somewhere, the short is there is a noise! whether u like it or not it's different.
Also performance wise i think it has a slightly enhanced effect but i fitted a K&N pannel filter to mine (dry no oil) as they induce cold air and not warm from the engine when idle.

hI,

i know to expect noise...they sometimes give a lovely grunt! but on my petrol V6 it was way too looouuuddd!!! My other cars have been a decent decibal!

Cheers for info, will have a look for it.

Fitted a K&N induction kit to my Passat 1.9TDi, it cleaned up the throttle response, added 2-3mpg, and was noisier, but once over 10-15mph it wasn't a problem. Want to do the same to my 2.5TDI now, if i get there before you i'll post a report.

There is hardly any noise, you can here the turdo whistle and thats about it. I can't comment on performance/ecocnmy as its early days yet. I heard a V6 petrol Vectra with a K&N and the noise was far to obtrusive.

Finally got a RamAir induction kit of eBay. Didnt cost too much, less than 50notes for the filter plus P&P!

As for the noise, not much gain, however though, the Diverter Vavle can be heard releasing the pressure back into the air intake.....sounds nice IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

What is next to make is a heatshield and utilise the 2cold air ducting tubes for the best cold air feed to the filter.

Dan