A6 c5 front brakes upgrade advice

hughjass

Is there somefin in my teef?
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone advise brakes upgrade on budget please.

Anywhere in uk for the stiffening kit for sliders, stop tech I think.

Thanks
Carl

S4 calipers and 320mm discs will do just fine ! Them brakes were fitted to high powered a4, a6 and allroads. If they are good to stop a v8 petrol then they are fine for your power !

Would rs6 c5 brakes fit an audi a6 c5 mines a 2.5tdi allroad but i find the standard s6 c5 brakes to be really rubbish i want somthing big and steardy

Would rs6 c5 brakes fit an audi a6 c5 mines a 2.5tdi allroad but i find the standard s6 c5 brakes to be really rubbish i want somthing big and steardy
What size have you currently got, theres a number of different specifications across the years etc

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

What sliders and stiffening kit are you referring to? Could you elaborate? To the OP.

I am unaware my car is a 2.5 allroad tdi a6 c5 allroad. So im wondering what brakes could be plug and play to get better braking as an upgrade to what my car comes with as standard

Are your front brakes 312mm diameter discs as standard?

Some of the c5 allroads came with 321mm discs and some with 312mm and some possibly with 288mm discs. The tdi were more than likely 288mm. You need to measure. The 321mm will have a different bearing carrier to the others. The 321mm with good discs, pads and narrower gauge hard goodridge brake piping should make for more than good enough stopping power. Pagid rs42 blues are brilliant. I say this and I've never used the blues. I have however had pagid fast road pads in the past and they have an initial fade for a press or two and then the braking power is strong but not snatchy and very resistant to fade. I had ferodo ds2500 pads on a mk2 Leon and they faded like nobodies business. The brake fluid may have boiled in the leon causing the excess pedal travel and fade but they never felt great even before the fade.

Found this whilst looking for something else.

"
The easiest way to check what calipers you have currently is to look at the white sticker in the spare wheel bay. Look for the following codes:

Fronts
1LB, 1LE - FN-3 Caliper 288mm discs.
1LT, 1LF - FN-3 Caliper 312mm discs.
1LA, 1LG - FNR-G60 Caliper 321mm discs.
1LX, T7Z - HP2 Caliper 321mm discs.

Rears

1KD - C38 Caliper 245 Solid discs
1KE - C43 Caliper 255 Solid discs or 269mm ventilated discs.
1KZ = C43 Caliper 355mm ventilated discs”

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q