A6 2.5 tdi suspension

colinr

Reaction score
I have just bought a a6 tdi2.5 saloon se on aTplate which I think has so called sports suspension, I would like to decrease the body roll by fitting eibach springs alone without upgrading the dampers which will also lower the car 35 mm.Has anybody done this modification and what were the results?will it make the car crash over every bump and ground out on every speed bump?How will lowering the car 35mm compare with the standard ride height of the Quattro diesel sport variants which I believe have a lower ride height as standard.What I do not want is to compromise the comfort too much or to make the car into a chavmobile

I have been in a 2.5tdi A4 Q avant that has had eibach springs only put in and it was actually far better, it crashed less over bumps than it did with standard springs.
Although my A6 is far better than any of the A4's I have owned for this, but I would imagine it will still be an improvemet on the A6 over stock.

Welcome to the Forum too btw! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the advice,I spoke to someone at amd tuning today,he said that the ride height of the a6 was very similar to that of the audi allroad so 35 mm of lowering shoul be no problem at all.I am going to change the rims to 17 inch instead of 16, does anybody know what size tyre I should change to on a17 rim.I currently have 215, 55, 16?

I think the std size tyre for audi 17's is 215 45 17
Any particular reason for going for 17's? why not try 18's with 225,40,18 they are going dead cheap now on ebay.
wheel and tyre packages for £500-£600 bargin!

Oh and is ur standard suspention the slightly lower upgraded handling ones of the newer shape where they dropped the front by 15mm?
If so i may be interested if you want to get rid of ur old springs.

I have no idea what version I have ,only bought the car last week.It is registered September 99.

I would go with 18's too, I have just taken off my 17" 9 spoke (rs4 style) alloys and put the 18's on instead and not noticed it being a worse ride, if anything it feels a bit more solid.

I have a set of 17's going cheap if you are anywhere near Norfolk?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

defo go for 18's, must say i noticed no loss in quality over the 16's i had on it before, strange as it sounds i actually think its got better, odd!

Not so sure i'd go for the 18's. I have a 2000w A6 2.7T quattro sport and it had the original 16" wheels on and I got the 18" rs4 replicas from Rochford tyres with eagle f1 tyres on them. They make the car look miles better, infact they make the car modern again but... the tyres are so skinny that if you go anywhere near a curb no matter how low it is the wheel will curb. Over the last year I've done it twice on the front left wheel and it's so unforgiving. I'm thinking about getting a set of 17" just so there is some tyre wall when I get close to curbs. They do look great though but I didn't notice any handling improvments except for outside tyre wear on both the front tyres.

Then drive properly and don't hit curbs! wot u expect from a 225/40/18 tyre! It aint a 4x4 u know!