Carpet cleaning suggestions - spillt milk!!

oxford_hippo

Reaction score
Just the weather for it - we have about 2 pints of milk spilt in rear footwell.

Mopped up all I could see,

and disconnected carpet trim from the edge the car ( by the door ) so I could lift it up and put some towels underneath to soak up the soapey water ( so under the front passenger seat )..

But car absolutely reeeeks.

Any suggestions on getting the rear footwell cleaned using a carpet cleaner?

Any drive in car wash companies anyone knows of who have carpet-cleaners you can pay to use?

If its just the rear footwell presume that's far enough away from front footwell electrics?

Thought would at least take front passenger seat out ( disconnect battery to avoid airbag warning light ).

Even driving around with windows open it's smelly!!!

Thanks!

What a nightmare!, I would prob use carpet shampoo and scrub the hell out of it then rinse by using a damp sponge (I imagine it'd take hours tho).
i would search or ask on detailingworld.co.uk though, great cleaning advice over there, I'd be surprised if no one had tackled the same problem somewhere on there,

good luck!

i had to remove the full carpet from a cab after a 4 pinter spilt
just could not get the smell out as it was in the foam under the carpet

was cleaned 2/3 times before i decided to remove

Milk is actually one of the hardest to remove and most likely to ruin anything it is spilled. Try this solution.

Rub the stain with a mixture of 2 tablespoons salt dissolved in 1/2 cup white vinegar. Wait for an hour or till it dried then vacuum.

If that doesnt work or the its a larger stain, make a paste of 1 tablespoon vinegar, borax with 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and rub it into the stain. Let it settle for 2 days, then vacuum.