18 or 19?

richcrazy

Reaction score
Hi all. Going to buy new wheels to replace my pitiful 16 inchers. RS6 wheels look good to me , but is 18 the way to go or should i go up to 19 or are these a bit bling! Seriously, if anyone has fitted 18s or 19s i would appreciate your commments. Bye for now, Rich.

I've just fitted 18" RS6 wheels to ma A6 avant....looks the dogs and no probs with them fouling on the arches

i got 18 RS6's on my a6 do look good 19's aint that much bigger.

Bling is the 20" chrome's that i'm planning when the bodykit has been finished.

I will post sum pics when tis done in new year.

Hi guys,

How much could I expect a new set of 18" RS6 wheels to cost? Both fake and real.

Cheers, James.

Try Rochford Tyres for high quality "fake"

CLICK HERE

Real (new) - will be as much for one as for a set of 4 "fakes", I'd bet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I was lucky to get mine off ebay, set of 4 was £700...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Got the 18's on and they look good. Just got to get it booked into star performance next for a Re-map!

Well done rich... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif you wont be disappointed...what tyres did you go for? I have 235/40 on mine perfect size for avant

has to be 19s. Have them on my a6 avant. They fit no problem ,8.5 on front,and 9.0 on the back

Guys, as were on this issue, i have the tdi sport with 18"rs4's, 2 things:

1- the handling is good and understandedly a little bumby due to the ultra low profile but this is low profile for me and im surprised at how "sharp" the steering is at a bit of speed, you have to be more accurate dont you agree?

2- although the handling is very good and fun in the dry i find the exact oppisite in the wet, it is very scary, if i go around a corner in the wet it slides like mad and im not driving hard but maybe the low profiles dont have any give or is it just bad tyres i have on there at the mo, (im not sure what they aare..) I had a volvo s60 b4 and had toyo's on that which were very good in the wet, it just surprizes me how different this car is, although i realise the wheels and tyres i have are different, can you recomend good tyres for my audi ,thanks shane

I have the 17" RS4s, and it is a handful in the wet - you just have to get used to being real careful! I have Michelin Pilot Primacy, which I don't think are good wet tyres anyway - probably try something else when I have to replace them soon - F1s seem to have strong support in the A3/A4 forums.

Okay, so your car came equipped with 16" rims/tires.

Remember - to a large degree, Audi engineers match suspension capability to tire sizes, so, all things being equal, simply putting 18" or 19" rims on your stock-equipped car's suspension will likely put you in an imbalanced state....certainly liveable, but not ideal.

If you plan on upgrading your suspension, then "never mind"... :)

Add to that the threat of rim damage with 18" or 19" rims/tires, and you can see where I'm going.

I have a stock A6 4.2. It came with the sport suspension, so it has stock 17" rims. Some fellow forum guys are running 19" rims/tires on their 4.2's and LOVE it. As for me, I've decided to put the BEST 17" tires under me, and pocket the difference in cost for my swaybar kit (already installed), and hopefully some subtle body cosmetic changes.

I've owned cars with 18" rims/tires, and it was a noticeably harder/rougher ride. Nevertheless, I "lived with it", although at times, it was a little tiring.

It's all "what you like"....just remember, if you go with 18's or 19's, be sure to run HIGH air pressure (perhaps as high as the tire can take) to prevent potential rim damage in case you encounter the many potholes out there..

Happy motoring!

Shoman

Try riding on 20's with stretched 225/35/20's then u'll know a bumpy ride! and thats on stock suspension!
I understand completly about pothole damage n ride, i'm very carefull with my wheels considering they cost me nearly £2k!
But these wheels are actually stronger than my 18's but they were replicas.

I'm planning suspension upgrades eventually, maybe coilovers or airbags for comfort.

I've got an A6 Avant with 18" RS4 wheels, bit of a problem when we had the tyres changed we found that something had been rubbing them and had gone through to the thread.:sadlike: Have any of you guys got any idea why this has happened? I'm also looking for an Audi wheel nut cover as dozy bloke left it on the side of road while changing tyre!

Go for 19" Lambo Gallardo wheels like I have on my S6. Every day people gawp as they drive past!