Newbie Question

Nobynomates

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just picked up my first Audi on Friday an A6 Avant 2.5 tdi 180 sport and love it already, though I think my wife got to drive it more than I did over the weekend!!

I am quite a keen cyclist (MTB) and wondered if anyone can recommend a good cycle rack to go on the back. Unfortunately it doesnt have a tow ball as that would be the best way to go, however the whole kit and caboodle is a bit out of the budget at the moment.

Cheers
Andy

Why not get the Thule aero bars and peo cycle carrier?

I have the bars with 3 bike carriers and it is a very easy system to use, one key to lock it all and takes 5 mins to get the whole kit on and off, also only takes 30seconds to get the bike on/off.

try www.roofbox.co.uk

Hi Gizzie,

The problem with that solution is that I need to get a roofbox on when we go on holiday. Also more car parks are starting to have bars to stop travelers etc getting in which can cause problems parking on busy roads to unload the bikes. Also I have been known to get back from a ride, load up, completely forgetting about the bar and then have to unload, drive out and load up again. Much to the amusement of my wife, kids and other cyclists / walkers!!!
I have a rear mount which I use on my wifes 850 Volvo, however the paint has been damaged so I was wondering if there were any better solutions out there.

keep an eye on e-Bay. towball bike carriers go for about 20-50 quid. All you need then is a tow bar, without electrics, which shouldnt cost the earth.