1999 Audi A6 2.5 TDi V6, AFB Engine, cam tensioner advice required

colin_d

Reaction score
Well, I don't really know where to start, 150K full dealer history, good cams, all was looking great...until winter. I needed new glow plugs, at least 4. Very difficult to get out, couldnt get new ones in. 2 months passed, I finally took the head off one side (with all 3 glow plugs being a pain) Took to local engineer, helicoiled & new glow plugs fitted. New head gasket, all going back together, but i decided to check the cam on the other bank of cylinders, to my horror i've found a "cam rocker" ( i think thats the name, was missing on just one cam. I used a magnetic tool & found the disc bit, but the rocker is nowhere to be found!!!!!

In addition, i've been searching far a guide to refit the cam belt. I know how to lock the crank, line up the cams etc, but only from the forums & just wondered if this procedure was published anywhere?

All help is greatly appreciated

:beerchug: I've bought & installed Elsawin. Very impressed. Now I require one of these rockers. Second hand or new is my delimar :(

Well, I don't really know where to start, 150K full dealer history, good cams, all was looking great...until winter. I needed new glow plugs, at least 4. Very difficult to get out, couldnt get new ones in. 2 months passed, I finally took the head off one side (with all 3 glow plugs being a pain) Took to local engineer, helicoiled & new glow plugs fitted. New head gasket, all going back together, but i decided to check the cam on the other bank of cylinders, to my horror i've found a "cam rocker" ( i think thats the name, was missing on just one cam. I used a magnetic tool & found the disc bit, but the rocker is nowhere to be found!!!!!

In addition, i've been searching far a guide to refit the cam belt. I know how to lock the crank, line up the cams etc, but only from the forums & just wondered if this procedure was published anywhere?

All help is greatly appreciated