A6 2.5 Tdi Smoking and glow plug flashing + EML

mrsparkie

Reaction score
Please help me as im at whits end with my car

Ive got a 2004 A6 2.5 TDI avant BDG engine code

Last september the injector pump blew and needed replacing. This was all done.

Drove the car for about 100 miles without problems.

Parked the car up and when i did manage to restart it there was so much smoke coming out of the exhaust.

The Glow plug light started flashing after about 30 secs then the EML came on and so the smoke continued.

I noticed that the right side injector run off pipe had come away from the small little one way valve. Reconnected and drove the car. The warning lights disappeared and all was well until i parked up and restarted the engine (took a while tho). Same issues again. I took the car back to the garage and replaced the injector drain pipes. Problem still occurred.

The garage has tried all manner of test including changing the crank sensor. needle lift injector new fuel filter but still unable to find out what the problem is??

The car will start ok from cold put it is pouring out white smoke and then the warning lights will illuminate again.

apparently it keeps coming up with a P1126 code.

I've now not had my car for nearly 8 months now and have to get this sorted somehow.

Any ideas suggestion will be very much appreciated

Cheers David

Pop the rocker covers off and look at the cams, however have the timing checked properly vith vcds...