Allroad ABT Sportsline 2.5 tdi !

adamss24

Reaction score
Just got the car out of the bodyshop after a 7 months wait (!), told the painter to take it's time and he followed my advice to the letter ! Anyway, there's still a trim that needs gluing to the rear bumper to cover the exhaust cutouts ! Loads of work i have done on it following a dropped valve: rebuilt engine with new Kolbenshmidt forged camshaft kit, full cambelt kit with KWP water pump (with metal impeller), a6 genuine xenon headlights, ABT Sportsline grille, ABT Sportsline dual exhaust system, alloy gearknob, rs4 steering wheel, H&R front arb, RS6 rear ARB, genuine d3 s8 20" alloys fitted with Falken tyres, b7 rs4 front brakes (8 pot calipers and massive 2 pieces discs), braided brake hoses, full genuine suspension, tracking done at Wheels in Motion/Blackboots, b7 s4 rear brakes, and much, much more !
Hope you like it, i am falling back in love with it again !

Reactions: Sean Allroad
Also fitted Phatbox (mp3/hardrive based media player), parking sensors front and rear and much, much more. looking for a full rs6 interior including alcantara/suede headlining. Tuning wise, there's a hybrid turbo based on a GTB2260vk wheels machined to fit the standard turbo housing, Bosio power plus 683 nozzles and remap to suit. The flywheel is rumbling a bit when i step on it but so far it holds ok ! Will upgrade the clutch to a SM Flywheel and reinforced rs4 240mm clutch disc. I don't want to fit a sintered clutch as this is my work horse and main tow car so needs to be driveable and reliable ! I will update the thread with more info when i get the time...

I like a lot, looks very tidy!
The car it's ok Matt, to be honest this is one of the few cars i kept for long time, usually i keep cars max 1 year but this is such a good tow car, handles great and still returns 35Mpg for a 2 tonne barge ! Regularly returns 450-500 miles to a full tank regardless if i tow with it or not ! It also have the right kit:parking sensors, self leveling suspension with manual over ride, Bose, cruise, trip computer, etc. It used to look like this when i bought it- needed loads of work to put right: thermostat, cambelt,cv joints, brakes, tyres + a rear door and cill ! I don't have pictures of the other side which had a dented door !

Now that is nice. well done mate,
credit to yer talent !

Lovely!, is the roof spoiler the same as an rs6 one?, know where to get one at all?

Lovely!, is the roof spoiler the same as an rs6 one?, know where to get one at all?
Nope, the roof spoiler is off a c5 sport avant, bought the whole tailgate off ebay- had to drive all the way to Manchester to get it but it only cost me 50 quid ! I have a rs6 spoiler as well but that's not as easy to fit as some might fit + the 3rd brake light does not fit from stock bumper ! I still have the rs6 spoiler- thinking to fit it to my other c5 avant quattro ! Thank you for your nice comments !

Now that is nice. well done mate,
credit to yer talent !
Thanks fella, i wish i can take much credit but i had to pay for the paint job, rest of the work i've done myself ! Every time i drive it i get back in love with it, it has massive presence on the road but running costs as every other german car ! Apart from the engine rebuilt (my fault really as i knew the cams were worn just postponed for too long !) it did not break once and i have driven loads of miles in it !
Few more pictures of the hybrid turbo:

Massive improvement from original, sprayed arches look way better, was never a fan of black plastic ones. Interesting grill too looks cool.

Looking good there mate.
I did the same to my arches and bumpers last year.

And this is under the bonnet.

If you get the chance to upgrade the brakes then go for B5 RS4 if you get them cheap enough. I fitted a set a month ago and what a difference. I know lot's of folk go for the B7 but I like these.

I am like you and I change my cars often but the AR has been with me for almost 2 years now.
All you need now is the recaro interior like mine. ;)
Ta,
Deano.

Looking good there mate.
I did the same to my arches and bumpers last year.

And this is under the bonnet.

If you get the chance to upgrade the brakes then go for B5 RS4 if you get them cheap enough. I fitted a set a month ago and what a difference. I know lot's of folk go for the B7 but I like these.

I am like you and I change my cars often but the AR has been with me for almost 2 years now.
All you need now is the recaro interior like mine. ;)
Ta,
Deano.
Thanks Deano, regarding brakes, i have rs4 b7 front brakes in there, however i don't rate them that high ! They might be enough for a NA 1500kg car but not for a 2 tonne barge that tows regularly 2.5-3 tonnes ! I am trying to upload pictures of the brakes but photobucket is so bad it takes ages to load ! On Martin's/fjtwelve's a6 i have stock allroad brakes which behave better than the b7 rs4 brakes, sometimes it's all bling !
keeeping an eye on a full rs6 interior including alcantara roof lining- should be something special after that ! I would love a 2.7 bi turbo but running costs are putting me off, don't get me wrong- i can do the spannering no problem but when everything comes in 2 it get's rather expensive ! I also do 60-70k a year so it needs to be reasonably economical as well ! Getting 35Mpg at the moment from the allroad...

Thanks chaps ! Upgraded the rear brakes from 250mm or so to 280mm vented discs and pagid pads ! Used parts of other models in the VAG stable: w8 rear calipers and carriers, s8 rear brake discs and standard pads. Discs and pads were 58 quid from ECP and the calipers and carriers cost me 50 quid off another forum... Best value for money rear brake upgrade money can buy ! Pictures to follow !

Reactions: Saunds
New clutch time and also larger turbo fitted with a 66mm compressor wheel (49.5mm inducer !) and gt22 turbine- map and actuator still needs tweaking ! New flywheel, new Sachs Race Engineering clutch kit (Loba rs4 600Nm stage 2 clutch kit), new facet posiflo lift/booster pump !

looks the business Chris bet it goes like it too ?

A bit laggy for my taste but spirited enough for a while ! The actuator still needs tweaking so it's still a work in progress ! Did you manage to sort yours out ?

No pal will be trying to head your way in the next month apart from that all is good pal !
Will phone before i come down .:o.k:

Pics aren't working for me mate. Although I think it's a bandwidth thing. Have you been uploading a load of pics lately?

Photobucket is just another rubbish site...something to do with bandwidth !

Yeah, I'm guessing you've been uploading them onto a load of sites, like other car sites or suddenly somebody is using your pics links elsewhere...which is causing a huge amount of bandwidth. :(

Photobucket will only let you upload a select amount of photos with a free account before they charge you. I use it quite a lot so just bit the bullet and paid for an account, it was only cheap iirc.

Please do something so I can see the photos! Excited about this car haha

Photobucket will only let you upload a select amount of photos with a free account before they charge you. I use it quite a lot so just bit the bullet and paid for an account, it was only cheap iirc.

Please do something so I can see the photos! Excited about this car haha
If you like this then you would love my other project, search a6 turbochip in the box at the top of the page ! Just completed a engine swap on that, fitted a later cam roller engine and new Sachs SRE clutch + flywheel. To be honest i am a bit disappointed with the conversion, the old engine was pulling harder, something to do with the cam lift-new engines have emission restrictions and as such the cam profile is not as aggressive as the old type cams ! Anyway, what's done it's done and i am sure i'll get similar performance as from the old lump sooner or later !

Nice work mate!

Also cheers for sorting the photos. Looks good! Those front brakes must have cost a fortune.

I just purchased my first Audi, 1.9tdi PD130 A6. Absolutely loving it. May I ask your reasoning for purchasing the front ARB? Is the standard one not sufficient? I know on other VAG platforms its sometimes essential to change the ARBs out for ones with a different loop style to avoid driveshaft rub after lowering - I didn't think this was a problem with the a6's after looking at my setup. Just an uprated unit?

Cheers!

The a6 is a heavy car especially an estate with quattro drivetrain and 6 speed gearbox. I always found the a6 suspension too soft but upgrading the rear antiroll bar did sorted the handling. Fitting the front antiroll bar was just a test, it made the car a little more twitchy if i am being honest !
The a6 is a mile muncher well in it's element on motorway, however i would love it to be a little more nimble- i am thinking of that engine in a ligter b5 saloon quattro, matter of fact i just bought a fully loaded saloon with a faulty injector pump, might give that a go if i am being honest !
I still have this sitting in a corner in my carpark without an engine: fully sorted rs4 shocks, eibach springs, rs4 rear diff, short shifter, bose,xenons, leather seats, big brakes all round and much more ! Had this running 256Bhp with a stroked engine and a PSI Motorsport tuning box, hybrid pump and larger turbo ! Sadly i lost interest...and sold the engine, here's a few pictures:

Whoah nice!

Bet the RS4 rear diff was interesting! Did you ever have it running?

Also..
I really need leather seats in mine!

Thanks Deano, regarding brakes, i have rs4 b7 front brakes in there, however i don't rate them that high ! They might be enough for a NA 1500kg car but not for a 2 tonne barge that tows regularly 2.5-3 tonnes ! I am trying to upload pictures of the brakes but photobucket is so bad it takes ages to load ! On Martin's/fjtwelve's a6 i have stock allroad brakes which behave better than the b7 rs4 brakes, sometimes it's all bling !
keeeping an eye on a full rs6 interior including alcantara roof lining- should be something special after that ! I would love a 2.7 bi turbo but running costs are putting me off, don't get me wrong- i can do the spannering no problem but when everything comes in 2 it get's rather expensive ! I also do 60-70k a year so it needs to be reasonably economical as well ! Getting 35Mpg at the moment from the allroad...

B7 RS4 front brakes are the same as C5 RS6 brakes, changing the rears and good pads should stop allroads fine

I do have 280mm s8 rear brakes but the fronts do fade pretty quickly ! The rs4/6 has a different master cylinder and servo !

ferodo DS2500 pads and motul rbf660 fluid should improve things then

Is the roof spoiler the same as an RS6 one ?
Know where to get one at all ?
Nope, the roof spoiler is off a C5 Sport Avant,
I have a RS6 spoiler as well but that's not as easy to fit as some might fit + the 3rd brake light does not fit from stock bumper !
I still have the RS6 spoiler- thinking to fit it to my other C5 Avant Quattro !
adams24

Tell me more about this C5 Sport Avant roof spoiler thing.
Do you have any close up pictures on it ?

Sold my Bosio power plus 683 nozzles fitted to AFB injectors and sourced another set of Bosio race 683 nozzles from a vendor in Portugal. Fitted the nozzles to another set of AFB injectors but the car is juddering a little on idle from time to time. The injectors are also from a AFB engine but i used 3 from a6 and the other 3 from a passat, i might need to send them away for pop testing ! Currently 2 are overfueling and the others are barely within spec... I have another set of Bosio nozzles but they are perfect on idle and nicely matched when checking the smooth running with VCDS... I wonder if i was sold some cheaper knock-off's or Bosio quality has slipped a little ! Need to adjust the tune a little and inject 30% less fuel across the range...
Also fitted a sat nav- nicked it from my missus a4 - still need to fit a NAVI antena in order to make full use of the maps...I was holding for a full RNSe but i could not justify spending 4-500 quid on posh audi stereo !