Allroad ABT Sportsline 2.5 tdi !

Today after fitting a 4 Bar MAP sensor, flashing a file with the right MAP sensor calibration and adjusting the stop screw on the turbo, i had a little race with a 2005 audi a8 d3 4.0Tdi (belongs to a friend of mine), guess who won ? Safe to say he wasn't too impressed with his mighty v8/twin turbo's performance and he made me an offer for the car- which i have declined- not finished with the car yet ! The race nozzle i got are idling bad from time to time but they getting better- only drove 60-70 miles since fitting them !

After having a few offers for the car from a few of my friends (including some swaps), i have decided to keep it and finish the last bits on it ! Pair of rear shock absorbers ordered from TPS and new Bilstein front shocks. Also need to order a new flywheel and finish the last bits on it. I also need to swap the sport recaro seats i had in my other b5...

Towed a car to Sheffield today and took some short clips on the way there, the Loba rs4 clutch slips like mad when stepping on it so i need to take it easy ! This is with a little toyota corolla on the trailer !

Update, thanks to Stuart with the green allroad 2.7TT (that is for sale in the classifieds), i am now boasting a full recaro rs6 interior in this car as well ! Seats are in mint condition and picked the steering wheel too- need to send mine back though ! There's a few bits to sort out as some connectors were chopped off by previous owner but i have the right connectors in a wiring loom from a car i scrapped a few days ago so won't take me long ! Very, very pleased- well worth the 420 miles trip !

Update, thanks to Stuart with the green allroad 2.7TT (that is for sale in the classifieds), i am now boasting a full recaro rs6 interior in this car as well ! Seats are in mint condition and picked the steering wheel too- need to send mine back though ! There's a few bits to sort out as some connectors were chopped off by previous owner but i have the right connectors in a wiring loom from a car i scrapped a few days ago so won't take me long ! Very, very pleased- well worth the 420 miles trip !

well done on this interior - if anyone knows or sees and RS6 interior in cream/beige I've been looking for about 3 years and would be very interested - they all end up being grey when checked properly
thanks

Graham

There was a nice white/ivory on ebay a few weeks ago, only sold for 350 quid...Wasn't a fan of the color otherwise i would have had a punt...that was cheap, paid about £400 for mine but included door cards and i also had the steering wheel from his car... Not a bad price considering the seats are mint ! Good luck in finding yours...

Hi Ben, still having issues with yours ? Replied on your tdi forum pm last night...

which forum was that dude?

only problem im having now is with the top of the door doesnt seem to seal against the body properly so I'm getting mad wind noises (fnar) through the gap.

Its water tight, just obviously not completely closed.

This may have something to do with the door not opening properly?

looks to me like maybe the door has fallen slightly on the hinge? but i didnt have a problem with the top seal with the old window!?

which forum was that dude?

only problem im having now is with the top of the door doesnt seem to seal against the body properly so I'm getting mad wind noises (fnar) through the gap.

Its water tight, just obviously not completely closed.

This may have something to do with the door not opening properly?

looks to me like maybe the door has fallen slightly on the hinge? but i didnt have a problem with the top seal with the old window!?
I was replying to someone else ! Anyway, drop by one day and i will try to adjust the frame a little, however it's not easy- vw dealers have a special jig to set the frame in the opening properly. I have marked it to go in the same position as the one that came off though...

New turbo: gtb2260vk fitted with Titanium compressor wheel GTX style... Will try and fit it tomorrow if i can be bothered... Getting a gt2559v fitted with a 71mm compressor wheel so i could use it as a LP turbo in conjunction with a gtb1446vzk in a compound turbo setup... Watch this space !

Attachments

• DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 345
YES! i like!!!

Hey. i didnt think to ask you, but i dont suppose you have any headunits knocking about do you? mines given up!

Single din or double din ? I do have a couple of head units...Drop by and i'll have a look...

well my current one is a single din, but was thinking about going double if i had to change it.

what kind of money are you wanting? Thanks man, dont know why i didnt ask you sooner

Gtb2260vk fitted to the engine, first results it's a l;ittle bit laggier than any of my other hybrids but it has decent midrange and topend. With some tweaking it should be a decent turbo once the n75 duty cycle is massaged a little ! I cannot understand how people can fit a turbo this large to a 1.9 or 2.0Tdi engine and expect it to perform well, i am having trouble spooling it with a larger engine, big nozzles and big, 3 plunger pump !

Attachments

• DSCF5446.jpg
    DSCF5446.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0117.jpg
    DSC_0117.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20140115_152948_0_zpsa6745f05[1].jpg
    IMG_20140115_152948_0_zpsa6745f05[1].jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 633
Tweaked the actuator and stop screw a little in order to get it to spool a bit quicker and it's a different animal, the clutch slips like mad and i cannot take a proper boost log ! Still having a few boost spikes which need smoothing a little in order to make it as nice to drive as my old a6 tdi. Slowly getting there...

Took it for a drive on motorway and it's very nice indeed, it makes more power with less boost compared to my old turbochargers...so far so good, dyno session planned for the weekend if i can get the clutch to hold till then and stop it from slipping on the rollers...

Some more pictures of the mods to convert a gtb2260vk from electric to vacuum in order to work properly on older engines...

Attachments

• DSC_0125.jpg
    DSC_0125.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_0126.jpg
    DSC_0126.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 331
The hybrid is in and running, tweaking the map as we speak and hoping to have it on the dyno soon- need to sort the slipping clutch first !

Do you ever give up on tuning these engines to the MAX?
Take my hat off to you.

Do you ever give up on tuning these engines to the MAX?
Take my hat off to you.

You're still hanging on the audi forums Wes ?;) To be honest the allroad is only mildly tuned compared with the a6, the point is the s4 whilst raw and sporty feels very numb to drive, apart from the noise there's not much in it, the allroad does feel a bit more raw but it's not as efficient as Martin's old a6, even though it does have a bigger pump, the car wastes a lot of energy in heat ! Getting a remote oil cooler fitted soon just to keep the oil temperature in check !

In the meantime i just bought a y reg a6 allroad with a v6 2.7 TT engine and manual low range gearbox, it has an oil leak but it's very, very high spec: 7 seater, xenons, sat nav, parking sensors, manual suspension over ride and it's little over 100k ! Already looking at tuning options, on the drive back from Kent to London, it managed 30 Mpg without breaking a sweat ! Watch this space...

You're still hanging on the audi forums Wes ?;) To be honest the allroad is only mildly tuned compared with the a6, the point is the s4 whilst raw and sporty feels very numb to drive, apart from the noise there's not much in it, the allroad does feel a bit more raw but it's not as efficient as Martin's old a6, even though it does have a bigger pump, the car wastes a lot of energy in heat ! Getting a remote oil cooler fitted soon just to keep the oil temperature in check !

In the meantime i just bought a y reg a6 allroad with a v6 2.7 TT engine and manual low range gearbox, it has an oil leak but it's very, very high spec: 7 seater, xenons, sat nav, parking sensors, manual suspension over ride and it's little over 100k ! Already looking at tuning options, on the drive back from Kent to London, it managed 30 Mpg without breaking a sweat ! Watch this space...

Yes Chris, will still be looking out for a C5 or B6 2.5 TDI quattro manual Just really hard to find in good condition.
Still Got a Vaux signum 150 cdti, got a decent remap to 200, and still get 60mpg on a run!
Quite like it

Signum huh ? It's that the new Vectra ? Not too clued up on vauxhall's been in a few in my time and i hate them with a passion, you cannot beat a german car !
Tidy v6 tdi are rare to find as they rather old now and the build quality is nowhere as good as the good old a6...

Reactions: gtiboy
glad you got one! im excited to see what you do with this!

I need to come by soon and collect the last few bits for the double din. let me know whens best
thanks,
ben

After playing with the stop screw and tweaking the actuator rod for a couple of weeks, i have finally managed to get the hybrid gtb2260vk to a sweet spot and my god it scares me ! The car pics up that fast the clutch slips in every gear- can still manage to stop it from slipping if i take it easy and feed the power smoothly !

Also gutted the cats as well which don't make that much difference to be honest but gets the turbo on spool a couple hundreds rpm's sooner- it makes the 2 tonne barge feel like a hot hatch ! Just took it for a fast drive on my private track and managed 140Mph without breaking a sweat- gearbox does not help it much- it does rev rather high, about 4000 rpm's ! There is still a hint of surge at 75-80 Mph in 5th or 6th gear but i can pull trough easily compared with the stock gtb2260vk... This is a nice turbo, i estimate a good 280Bhp but i will take it on a 4 wheel dyno soon if i can get it not to slip on the rollers !

Ditched the front H&R antiroll bar with meyle drop links and replaced it with a stock rs6 arb with lemforder links, much more compliant ride and grips much, much better ! The meyle hd links were falling apart, the bush fell trough !

Lovely stuff mate! Always liked your updates! :)

Been on a long drive today to Swindon- had to go to court- so gave the car some beans ! The pick-up is immense, from 80 to 120 Mph it will humiliate anything out there bar motorbikes and true sports cars ! That's with a slipping clutch and feeding the power progressively ! The beauty it still returned 400 Miles on this tank which included town drive and a few very fast trips on my private runway at speeds of 140 Mph or more ! I wish the car handled a bit better, you can feel the weight if you're driving it enthusiastically !

Chris. Need to see some logs with your new setup. Where's your private runway/test track?

The hybrid turbo, Race nozzles and remap you fitted to my car have turned it into a monster. I am glad 6th gear is so long (busted 5th synchro). Loads of torque from 60mph (2k rpm) to ???mph (4k rpm). It's just so effortless. And progress is rapid to say the least.

With so much mass it's easy to overload the rear RS6 ARB. So i'm taking it easy and keeping the steering input(s) smooth. Guy let me down with the front RS6 ARB. So still on the hunt for one of those.

Looking forward to some rain so the allroad and I can go hunting for some fancy German RWD exotica.

Edit: Oh and my clutch slips like crazy and my flywheel isn't too happy. Just learning to feed in the power progressively.

Alex, there are a few rs6 front antiroll bars for sale on ebay, however they are a bit pricey for 2nd hand units !

After couple of blown boost pipes i decided it's time to replace the factory boost hoses with alloy pipes and a few silicone joints. It's very stealthy and it does not really shows at all ! Now should be no problem gunning down the autobahn at 200Km/h without fear of overspeeding the turbo !

Rear brake upgrade: went from 280mm brakes(first picture) to 312mm rs4 rear brakes(last picture), tried to fit 300mm b6 s4 (they are in the 2nd picture) but could not be bothered, the b5 rs4 were a bolt-on upgrade. The brake bias is much better balanced and the pedal feels more firm. C5 facelifted master cylinder and double servo is on the cards- i have all the parts but very little time for my projects ! Only downside is the b5 rs4 rear discs are very, very pricey, however i have a cunning plan: i will modify a set of caliper carriers to take a 312mm x 30mm thick brake disc as fitted standard to majority of big power c5 a6...That will make my brake upgrade very cheap to replace...

Attachments

• DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
If someone's interested i will put the allroad for sale, nothing wrong with it bar missing pixels on the dash (new screen supplied) and a couple of scuff on front bumper- might fix that before sale. Obviously i will put the car as much back to standard as possible but it's clean inside and out and with very nice options: parking sensors, Bose, double DIN sat nav, cruise, etc.

Tuning wise there will be a hybrid turbo, large nozzles and a nice remap, estimated power about 250Bhp, also will ride on standard alloy wheels with good tyres. Only reason for sale is i bought a final edition model which came cheap enough and in need of work ! Please get in touch if any info is needed...

Yes Chris, will still be looking out for a C5 or B6 2.5 TDI quattro manual Just really hard to find in good condition.
Still Got a Vaux signum 150 cdti, got a decent remap to 200, and still get 60mpg on a run!
Quite like it

I've got a c5 2.5 tdi quattro s line manual, it's not a showroom condition, it needs a few things done to it but if u interested u can come and see it and if is something you looking for maybe we can come to an agreament