A6 engine management light on??

Paulc

Reaction score
New to the forum so hi all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
I have a 2002 A6 1.8T and my issue is that after having a waterpump replaced that cured an overheating problem,I drove the car from the garage stopped for fuel after about 2 miles and when I restarted it the engine management fault light came I took the car back to the garage where they fitted the waterpump and it showed up on ther comp that the timing was out,so they took the front off again reset the timing tested it and all was ok.I drove the car about 20 miles stopped restarted it no light drove about 5 miles stopped the car but when I started it again the engine management fault light came on again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif I can only think its for the same timing issue,but why does it keep showing if the timing has been set twice correctly.by the way the car runs great any ideas please.
Paul

Paul, could be something else. One that comes to mind immediately are temp sensors - if they are failing, they set off the ems light. Their computer will tell you. I would also get them to check that the push-fit plugs & connections were all connected properly after new water pump installed.