Clutch cover plate 34D1 recall?

wilkoa6

Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a 1993 A6 Avant Tdi 130 and got a duplicate service book from the dealer who serviced it (I didn't get one with the car). In their print out of the vehicle details it says "Outstanding recall campaigns 34D1 A4/A6 clutch cover plate" Has anyone had this done and know what it's all about.

Thanks

Are we talking 2003 car? Amazing that the dealer gave you a print and didn't advise of the recall. With any recall, book it in and get it checked. Manufacturers issue recalls when there is something they have to do.

Yes, it is a Nov 2003 car (brain out of gear yesterday...). that has now done 65,000 miles. I bought the car from a supermarket with no service history book but phoned Audi before I bought it and they confirmed the dates and milages of the services. It was last serviced 6000 miles ago by Audi in Milton Keynes. I've now got a duplicate service history book from them and the recall info was on a print out that came with it. I'll get on to my local dealer on Monday. It would be good if someone on the forum knows what this is about.

Checked on Direct.gov - no such recall listed for an A6. Doesn't mean it didn't happen I guess, but my TDI is similar vintage and never heard anything. Best to check with a reputable stealer, though.

Can you post back if you get any more info?

I have just phoned my local dealer and it is a cover to put over the inspection cover plate for the clutch on 1.9 TDI 130 engines. Apparently it takes 20 mins to fit. I am taking it in on Monday for it to be fitted. If I find out any more I will post it.

The recall job has just been done by the dealers. It is a piece of curved metal about 4 cm wide and 18 cm long that stops dirt getting into an inspection point on the clutch. Took about 20mins start to finish as they had said.