Does this sound any good? 2.7T - £5995

technics100

Reaction score
There is a 2000 A6 2.7T, auto with 100k on it for £5995, just up the road from me. Just wondering if this sound ok? Is there any problems with higher miles on these cars? I currently have 2002 A4 130TDi....The A6 is fully loaded....Is this a good deal...Are these cars dear to run?

Cheers

All depends on the condition and spec. Cloth car with no bits is hard to sell, add non-metallic (except black) and doubly hard. Nice spec and good condition with proper history then worth looking. Can be expensive when they go wrong which is rarely, and after a TDI you will need to consider the doubling of fuel costs!!

Doubling of fuel costs!!!

I took the avant out for the day and returned it with 18mpg on it, however better than the 2.7T allroad that I could not get over 15mpg and without thrashing it was nearer 12mpg.

I reckon going from a 1.9tdi if you fill up once a week now you will fill up every 2 to 3 days.

I thought £75 a week to fill my tank was bad enough.

That MPG is criminal. I've got a company fuel card but at those MPG's I think the accounts manager will want to know who else I'm buying fuel for!!

does that make the 4.2 V8 a more economical car than the 2.7T?

I should also add that during those 170 miles no TDI's have passed me. Come to think of it nothing has passed me in those 170 miles. Last night a new A8 4.2 quattro tried to shake me but he seemed to have a flat spot or a problem with his car as I easily passed him.

I guess that a 4.2 v8 would do something similar if it were to be driven similar. I used to has a 1.8T A4 2wd and it also got similar mpg when driven hard permanently. I had it remapped to around 200hp and the fuel economy stayed the same but performance increased. Personally I didn't but my A6 2.7 bi-turbo to save money on fuel, I'd have bought a TDI or something slow like that. I've also had an AmD remap. ( 302hp and 321lbs of torque and it's great ).

Back to original question though. I would look for something with less miles and make sure it has the full service history. My personal feelings would be to get something like mine. Xenons, leather, auto tiptronic, parking assist and a metalic paint. If you can get one then the Bose and Sat Nav option can't be bad. Run the car for a while then get the remap, I've had no problems with it and the power is amazing. Few blokes at work have bmw 540 sports and it's as quick as them no problem, except it doesn't have the v8 sound. The traction from the quattro is very good also, the only down side is if you drive fast on open roads then the fuel figures are low. I guess even a TDI driven hard all the time is going to drop to mid 20's, but then you'll smoke a TDI easily, especially after the remap.

[ QUOTE ]
I should also add that during those 170 miles no TDI's have passed me. Come to think of it nothing has passed me in those 170 miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Thats rediculous. The number of times you have to stop and fill up to do the same miles on one tank of a Tdi...

A Tdi will do 550 - 600 miles to one tank! Get it Revo'd and you can still have a laugh without paying too dearly at the pumps!

What do you do for a living? I want a job like yours to afford the petrol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

I fill up about once every two or three weeks so it'd have to be a marathon to compare.

I bought the 2.7t and remapped for real performance I guess similar to a v8 or an S car. As for fuel costs many 4x4s are similar or worse. A have a couple of friends that have a VW Touareg and a LR Range Rover and they get worse fuel economy than me. They are also not millionaires, just people with big 4x4s.

Also when I do go on a long run I can easily get 30 mpg which would easily double the distance travelled on a tank plus those miles wouldn't be hanging around either.

Your right a TDI uses less fuel but they are slower and that's not what I want.