BlackSmoke.co.uk Remap

Vag_Man

Reaction score
Remapped my car today using blacksmoke remap. and i just wanted to say what a quality map it is.

I was initially skeptical but the map is as good as any map i have had done before by a 'Branded' mapper.

Felt an instant change in my car. but the power is smooth and a very sensible map.

obviously this is just a generic map. but its the same as you would get from any mapper with a standard car. unless you pay for a custom map on a rolling road. but with a standard car running no mods this is an excellent service.

Of course there is a place for customer mappers if you have added mods and need them to work together correctly. but for a standard car this is a cheap alternative.

Before anyone says anything i don't work for or have anything to do with blacksmoke other than buying a map from them

Thanks

Nice1 matey.
Would you say this generic map is better than the "black box" you can plug and play?

To be honest i have tried 2 maps already, one from Blacksmoke and one from Shark Performance and to be frank i found them not satisfactory ! You need to drive a nice, good custom remap to see the difference ! Done a map last night on John/Robotplant here and his car came to life ! He can vouch for that I'm sure ! Best map on a v6 tdi i drove so far was on Wesmaster's a6 155Bhp, done by Viezu in Brumsgrove, really nice map with loads of torque low down !

Reactions: wesmaster
Cheers Chris, have since i saw you I removed both pre and main cat and had map looked at by another file writer, made some more adjustments and is loads better still!

I have a print out from Viezu showing my 155 A6 is now 194BHP, but with new map must be 205bhp if not more!
Regards.
I have removed EGR, was wondering whatelse would I benefit from? inlet pipe removal and clean?
Maybe a silly question... if I got hold of a set of AKE injectors, would they fit? would I benefit?
Cheers

Wes

Last edited:
Wes, the AKE injectors will fit no problems and they will supply a little bit more fuel, however the limiting factor is the turbo not the fuel... I will have a nice gt20 hybrid fitted with gtb2260vk internals for sale soon, i have a similar spec fitted on martin's car and it's an animal ! Pop in once and i'll take you for a ride...

Might just do that Chris, is the rest of the engine up to it? keep me informed. Thanks again!
Fancy sending me a txt with a rough price? would I need new injectors too? I can sort the map out.
I'm assuming I've got the 2 plunger VP44, Problem?

Regards.
Wes

Might just do that Chris, is the rest of the engine up to it? keep me informed. Thanks again!
Fancy sending me a txt with a rough price? would I need new injectors too? I can sort the map out.
I'm assuming I've got the 2 plunger VP44, Problem?

Regards.
Wes
No problem with the 2 plunger VP44 pump, it's good enough to pump fuel for 300Bhp, you will need larger injectors, the stock AKE are maxed out at 220Bhp and allroad AKE are maxed out at 240Bhp. I will go for Bosio PP683 -good for 240-260 Bhp or cummins nozzles which are good for 300 Bhp or so.
I am experiencing fuel starvation if i do a drag race, i will modify the Banjo bolts and i need to re-work the fuel supply line or put an inline pump to boost fresh fuel trough the pump to keep it cool !
The map might be the problem, the timing maps are built into the pump's EDC and cannot be adjusted unless you start with a fresh EDC and someone willing to modify them NOT as per Bosch specs !
Just had another map done by one of my friends, we had to start from scratch as the Celtic Tuning has encripted the ECU and cannot be written trough OBD. I could have smooth their map a little bit and re-calibrate the MAP sensor as i have a 3Bar one on the car at the moment ! The ECU i used is one off a b4 audi a4 163Bhp but with a original flash from a 2001 AKE engine. Works well but i still have problems cleaning the smoke under 2000 rpm's however the boost came hard after that and i have wiplash ! The clutch is slipping as well at high torque/rpm's in 5th/6th gear so need to budget for a new flywheel and SRE clutch as well !
I will let you know prices as soon as i found a price for a compressor wheel, i am building another GT2260Vk hybrid so that will get new internals and balanced on a high speed VSR machine... For your goals i would say a GT2256vk will be more than sufficient and be good to over 270Bhp without excessive EGT and full boost at 2000rpm's ! Will keep you posted...
Ps, do you have a the original/modified files from Viezu and the existing map ? Any chance you could mail them to me to see how the vp44 is fueling in your case ? Cheers.
Chris.

Hi Chris, Thanks for all the info, def interested in the turbo, need to source some nozzles!
On a bit of a budget so might take some time.
I can email you all the maps if you want, I've got the original, 3 from viezu and 2 from my file writer, not sure if you can do anything with them, but pm me your email and ill send them.
Regards.
Wes

Hi Chris, Thanks for all the info, def interested in the turbo, need to source some nozzles!
On a bit of a budget so might take some time.
I can email you all the maps if you want, I've got the original, 3 from viezu and 2 from my file writer, not sure if you can do anything with them, but pm me your email and ill send them.
Regards.
Wes
Thanks Wes, email adress is: adamss24@poczta.fm
I will look at the maps and i'll let you know how they are, VP44 limits fuel to about 55mg per stroke, for example the 2.0Tdi can be made to inject 80mg/stroke easily and i have tuned a pd160 to inject 100mg/stroke ! That made over 300Bhp with a GTB2260VKLR ball bearing turbocharger !
Yours might not have sneaky limiters as it's an older ECU/early pump but i need to see ! Thanks !
Chris.