Not many A6 owners here?

• Thread starter imported_christhick
  • Start date
I

imported_christhick

I want to ask about getting a 4.2Q but this forum seems very quite and there are few old posts about the 4.2.

Anyone with any info about fuel consumption and general things to look out for please let me know.

Cheers lads

Yeah this forum is pretty ded! i own a 1.9TDi so thats also useless.
I'm tryin to get more A6 owners in! I guess A6 owners are Quite rare and the ones which actually try and find the problem and fix it themselves are even rarer most are just main dealer junkies!

Most Audi A6's were sold to businesses making them company cars....hence send to stealers/garage to get repaired regardless of costs.

However, there are alot of A6 drivers, alot are the older generation, unlike myself (that is not a dig at ANY aged driver!) and don't always use the net for this purpose. I.e. discussion forums.

[ QUOTE ]
You are only as old as the woman you feel!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats me f£"*ed then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Guys, I'm after the fuel consumption of the 4.2. Its got to be better than my 530 V8 which is just over 20mpg on a good day!

Cheers

Chris

I reckon that it wouldn't be much different! I had a 2000 2.4 quattro tiptronic and was averaging 22 mpg! I am in no way a hard driver either.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this forum is pretty ded! i own a 1.9TDi so thats also useless.
I'm tryin to get more A6 owners in! I guess A6 owners are Quite rare and the ones which actually try and find the problem and fix it themselves are even rarer most are just main dealer junkies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are not too many A6s around - but the cars also seem pretty reliable (18 months/20,000 miles so far and only 1 service, 2 tyres and a pipe come off a clip in the engine - touching wood) so people are not posting lots of problems all the time.

Hi Chris,

I've not paid too much attention to fuel consumption on the 4.2 but I get around 26-27mpg at 80mph without using the cruise - I don't like to look at the computer around town (most of my driving) as the numbers are what you would expect of a V8...scary!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Stefano

Cheers Stefano,

mid 20's is not bad really. I'm very tempted now. Does yours have sat nav?

You'll soon forget any fuel consumption issues when you put your foot down!

Yes, it has sat nav with TV and bose, which makes a very nice combination. It doesn't have xenons, so I'm looking for a used pair at the moment as the headlights are terrible and similar to driving by candle light.

So are you going to make the jump?

The headlights were useless on my old A4 as well. Must be an Audi thing.

There were loads of 4.2's for sale before xmas but there isn't much choice on Autotrader at the moment. Hopefully there will be in Feb!

Yep, quite a few around before Christmas, which is usally a slow period, especially for V8 estates but obviously not for Audi A6 4.2's as I could only see one Avant when I last looked and the private seller wanted £16,995.

Have you tried ebay, pistonheads, Times online, Autocar online etc.

Roll on Feb and maybe some snow!