Headlight question

jackb_ms

Reaction score
Hello All
My A6 failed its MOT today due to the driver side headlight mirror being broken and moving freely.
I have done some research and it seems there is a bewildering amount of part number for the headlights and the OEM Audi unit are very expensive.
My car is a 2.5tdi on a 53 plate, with standard headlight unit.
Does someone know which part number it should be? And is there on the market an alternative to the OEM headlights? Which one would you recommend?

Cheers
Jack

Application of a hot air gun or a warm oven and you can prise off (carefully) the front and repair.
Its what those that fit aftermarket DRL's or Angel Eye's do.

(1)4B0941003BJ
twin halogen headlights / (right-hand traffic only)
left / PR-8JK,8JH
(1)4B0941003BK
twin halogen headlights / (left-hand traffic only)
left /
(1)4B0941004BJ
twin halogen headlights / (right-hand traffic only)
right /

If you still need them.

Ebay and most breakers will hold them as will body panel suppliers (patten parts)

Use a magnetic driver to move to vertical screw (down the deep hole) actually easier to loosen the front bumper bolts.

Its a bit similar to the TT.... Audi TT Coupe and Audi TT Roadster Parts, Accessories, Styling and Performance Tuning

Can you not access the motor by removing the bulb access panel on the back? On 97-01 models you can then remove the motor by turning it 90 degrees. Simples. Not sure on the later C5.

It's the adjusting system which is corroded jam or both...It's the adjusting system which is corroded jam or both... I've remove the unit today and it was a lot easier than expected. I've removed the air box and air filter to have a clear access. Jack