Which module will my keys work with?

Icy

Reaction score
Can anybody with a little more knowledge about key fob frequencies? As far as i can see, there is
  • 434MHz for mobel PR-5D1
  • 315MHz for model PR-5D3
5D3 seems to be the more popular one but how can i tell if my keys (both OEM) is 5D1/2/3???
Bought the car without CCM :(. So cant buy one unless i know fobs will work.

Any advice how to check (keys have part numbers but no letters at the end) Thanks in advance
Icy

Thanks TYphoon, i phoned my local audi dealer for a CCM, but the price they gave me is astronomical! Not sure if we are allowed to share pricing, but R5500 (490.68 euro) they can only order 4B0 962 258 J, which i think is the 315 MHz band. Knowing this car is from Scotland, i guessing it must be the 434MHz band? So ill have to get 4B0 962 258 a/d/b/e (434MHz?). Ebay perhaps as i have phone all over already :p

Hey TYphoon

Thanks again for the wonderful replies! Looks like iam sticking to the module 4B0 962 258 B for my car. Found a scrapyard busy stripping a quattro C5, but he wants an arm and two legs for it, tho he wasn't even aware of this units.... R3000! There is alot of Audi/VW scrapyards in JHB, phoned my sister which is on holiday there to have a look for me. Wishful thinking i guess :p Maybe its my only choice to get off ebay. I found one on there for £60 and its with the case and plugs! That would be a treat... Thanks for the offer with your friend, but i doubt ill make it on time for the unit and extra baggage for the flight...

Anyways, iam hoping for the best i find one in JHB, ill update tomorrow :salute: