Timing belt time to change where to buy

overdraft

Reaction score
I need to change the timing belt as the mileage is now around 70000 it's a 2004 a6 Allroad can anyone recommend a supplier and what all do I need to change.

Belts Continental or Gates get both belts.
Get the kit with all bearings, bolts and tensioners.
Thermostat from Audi
Water Pump KWP or Doltz
Timing Tools

Remove Front end
Lock crank and injection pump
Remove everything on the front
Remove vacuum pump and cover
Clean up
Fit new parts
Do Timing
Refit front end
Done!

Actually slightly more difficult...

Reactions: Eric Ash
Or,

Find independent garage, get a quote for cambelt kit, all aux belts, rollers & tensioners, water pump and thermostat, using Audi parts.
Go Audi and price match :)
Got all mine done for just less than a grand, the parts alone are around 600.

Regards

Mark

Or,

Find independent garage, get a quote for cambelt kit, all aux belts, rollers & tensioners, water pump and thermostat, using Audi parts.
Go Audi and price match :)
Got all mine done for just less than a grand, the parts alone are around 600.

Regards

Mark
Or give me 500 quid and i will supply and fit Contitech full cambelt/injector pump kit which includes vibration damper, KWP water pump, genuine thermostat + seal, 5L of antifreeze, 2 drivebelts and electronic timing of the injector pump ! I am based in N. London and my mobile number is all over the internet ! Google it !!!

Hi all

I drive a TT Mk2 got my cambelt, water pump and timing belt all audi parts all in for £370 and I am aslo based in N London.
If you want to get yours done just message me and I will give you the contact information

Thanks for all the advise on this I am based in N Ireland so it leaves it a bit tricky , adamss24 what is your supply only price for the parts ?

Thanks for all the advise on this I am based in N Ireland so it leaves it a bit tricky , adamss24 what is your supply only price for the parts ?
I will need a reg number as parts differ slightly but as a rough quote about £370-400 for parts. Beware that audi repair kit (timing belt kit) does not include the vibration damper which is £120 on it's own from dealer. Also job takes 6.5 to 8 hours and it's quite involved- would not attempt doing it you have no previous experience + you need the right locking tools- no mark and pray job on these as i've seen a few with dropped valves due to messed up timing jobs ! Most times is a new head,rod, piston, injector + the engine needs taking off the car which is not an easy job to do on a drive !