Another air suspension question

overdraft

Reaction score
Our a6 Allroad late 2004 seems to have a mind off its own in regards to its suspension it can go for days retaining its height setting then others days its dropped almost to its bump stops on the front.

it will flash the warning light for the suspension on start up and eventually return to setting two,is there setting on turning off the ignition that drops the height or something .

any help would be welcomed.

Chances are you have a leak in one of the suspension airbags.
Is it any particular corner?
The reason I ask, is that the NSF is the most common to go first.

Chances are you have a leak in one of the suspension airbags.
Is it any particular corner?
The reason I ask, is that the NSF is the most common to go first.

I have heard air coming from the the front passenger side after stopping one day , but then the car would remain in the height setting two for a few days In a row. I thought if there was an air leak it would be continuous

Not always, mine would be OK on LV3, but if left on 1 or 2, would start to sink after 5mins.

The best way to check, is to spray on some soapy water, they usually go towards the bottom of the bag, as they roll under.
Check at each level.
If you can here air and see bubbles, it's shot, replace ASAP, because the hole will get bigger, and place extra strain on the compressor.

Replace with Arnotts, Gen1 or 2, the choice is yours.
I would also replace the other side, as this will not be far behind in failing.

Regards

Mark

today the suspension wont return to its level at all.the front passenger air bag seems damaged.

before i start ordering new air bags its was flashing the orange symbol on the instrument clusher, now its solid no flashing.

before i order new bags is it a electronic failure or part failure can anyone advise please?