brake pad replacement

j2gheart

Reaction score
anyone have instruction of replacing the pads or is it fairly self explanatory once the tires are off. i tryed to find a manual from haynes but they dont seem to have one for a6.

Just changed the pads, discs and fluid front and rear, it was an easy enough job depending on your mechanical aptitude.
No special tools needed, on my car anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
And your point is?

[/ QUOTE ]
My point is, if you are not able to see it for yourself, that changing the pads is not a difficult task and furthermore does not need any special tools.
Is that clear enogh for you or has it lost something in the translation from english into american? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look for Bently Manual,sure they do A6 model as owdgit says straight forward job if you know what you are doing ,if you have change pads before then it will be straight forward ,just to remember that when pushing the piston back in they might screw back in rather than push (try first)Clean down caliper before putting in new pads in plenty cooper grease on the back of the pads ,check discs for wear before putting in new pads aswell as if they are nearly done you will be doing the same job again very soon and having to buy pads again and discs

Cheers