LCD QUESTION

piponxs

Reaction score
Hi!! I want to know one thing ,if someone faced similar problem...I have well known LCD problem,I cant see almoust nothing.The thing I want to know is - how could I know is the problem in the screen itself (damaged Crystals inside) or connection cablet!? Some of you just replaced LCD,and the other ones repaired the connection cable. And which is the difference between VDO types od LCD? I meen countrys that produce them...there are two types as I can see on Google.... I want to know that because someone tell me that replacement lcd have higher brightness than original...I have ordered one but I dont know what will I get,which type..So I want to know schould I try to repair mine first,or I must install new one (but what if he is bad looking).. which are diferences between theese: http://www.imexbb.com/Images/10954447/audi-lcd-display.jpg I have audi A6 2.5 1998 and this is my picture/problem:

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm gonna send mine to a chap on ebay who will fit a replacement for £72, considering that a screen is £30ish, and he supplies that I've tried it myself on a spare one and it wasn't successfull, may just be my incompetence in soldering ribbon, but hey for cost of postage to him and £40 I think it's worth it.

Sorry I can't be any more help.