Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: Tracking

Neutral

Status

Tracking

Can anyone desifer a tracking result, is this a long way out?

A6 Tracking.jpg

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't seem long way out as its still inside the box, but should still be done.

How's it driving, is your steering pulling?

Mine was not in the box. Had a big "X" next to the box which meant it required tracking urgently, but thats because I got all the suspension components changed.

2nd Gear

Status
    yours is a c6 and this is the c5 section. why didn't you get it adjusted at the sme time you had it measured
    A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Sport 220bhp 458Nm 6 speed Manual

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HerefordQuattro View Post
    yours is a c6 and this is the c5 section. why didn't you get it adjusted at the sme time you had it measured
    You're correct, sorry my mistake. It's in the wrong section but for this item I don't think it matters that much. I had to have a tyre replaced as it was scrubbed off on the outside edge so I had the tracking adjusted somewhere else. They adjusted it but could not keep the steering wheel straight. They tried 3 times to correct it but failed so gave me my money back. They referred me to this place who put it right. I just wondered after the other place said they had adjusted it that this place recorded it as out of adjustment. I was just wondering if it was a long way out or not. - see below the corrected alignment. Job Well Done.

Audi A6 Tracking - Result.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    how could they not get the wheel straight? you're right its the same setup as c5 so they should start at the back and set camber then adjust rear toe to suit . at the front camber is not adjustable but can be equalized by moving sub frame but Thats a dealership only job. all they had to do at the front was lock the steering wheel straight and then adjust the rod ends on steering arm to bring toe back to spec. biggest problem is seized bolts but that shouldn't be a problem on such a new car really...
    A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Sport 220bhp 458Nm 6 speed Manual

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HerefordQuattro View Post
    how could they not get the wheel straight? you're right its the same setup as c5 so they should start at the back and set camber then adjust rear toe to suit . at the front camber is not adjustable but can be equalized by moving sub frame but Thats a dealership only job. all they had to do at the front was lock the steering wheel straight and then adjust the rod ends on steering arm to bring toe back to spec. biggest problem is seized bolts but that shouldn't be a problem on such a new car really...
    I dont know. They adjusted it and the wheel was showing right when you were travelling straight. Then they adjusted it again and it was to the lef, then they tried again and it was back to the right but not as far. They gave up then. I think they were only doing the front adjustment. Its sorted now anyway as they advised me to go to a proper place.