Audi A6 2001 Door Lock issues

paddywagon

Reaction score
Hi,
A few weeks after i bought this 1.8T the front doors would not close properly, no matter how much pressure, it would take perhaps 10-20 attempts.
Then i was informed id i sprayed wd40 and put lithium grease in this would resolve it...well for 2 weeks it did and now back to the same.
Driving me mad.....
So i purchased off ebay uk a new door lock from Poland at 70 pounds delivered.
When it was fitted we noticed the original lock had; 4B2 837016A on label
The one that we bought as described for this car had code 4B1
It would not fit as there was no slot for drivers door key.....so sent it back to Poland.

Next day again off ebay.uk i bought from uk company same lock after sending numerous emails checking it would fit after giving orig part number...well you can guess...when it arrived it was same as Polish one..no slot for key.

After contacting Audi[which i should have done firstly] these parts i recieved were for left hand drive right door. !!!!
So sent back to UK today....

Going to buy now from Audi here in Ireland, 150.00 Euro plus vat[ouch] each....

Just a note on this, when i checked the part number that was in car, it comes up as door lock for Audi A4.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Cheers

I've seen it with 8l's many times, so no reason to assume it's model specific. It's money wells pent, at least the door is not likely to fly open on you while driving once it's done