WHAT BRAKE PADS FIT MY CAR???? HELP

CO11K9

Reaction score
Hello
Trying to buy front brake pads for my Audi A6 2001 4.2 V8 Avant Quattro, Apparently there are three different types, dont want to go to Audi direct, can anyone help,

Cheers Kevin

Have you tried Ferodo DS2500 pads? Before I bought mine I tried 3 different types of pads. None of them were any good. The Ferodo pads are fantastic. It was tricky sourcing them. They do not have one for the allroad, but I found out that the C6 allroad has the same fitment which is ever so slightly bigger than the S8. All it means is you're short of a few mm in the corners, but the swept area is the same. They are proper race spec pads which work when cold & great when up to temperature, but squeak a bit. Bought mine from Larkspeed.

I know your problems. I used unipart to get mine but they have 3 different sorts listed for my car, the ones they were sure were right were very much wrong! my car, A6 allroad, seems to always come up as a conventional A6 at part shops so be careful. Look in your service booklet, the front page with all the letters gives the details of the specifics for your car. Alternatively go to an audi independent garage with your service book and ask them to order you the parts for you to do yourself (most of them are ex dealer mechanics). Mine is very good with this, they use GSF parts for brakes etc and are more than happy to give advise and supply parts.