Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

2.7t after run fan question

I think mine is being weird, as normally after a long run, you can here the fan come on after turning engine off, but sometimes it a quiet fan noise, other times it sounds like its taking off!! but today i drove the car less than 5 minutes, turned the engine off and the fan cut in at its highest speed, stayed on for around a minute, then cut off, then about 20 seconds later, came back on again and done this for about 10-15 minutes, surely this aint right??????
    Audi a6 2.7 bi-turbo, spax coilovers, 3SDM 19" 10j alloys, full turbo back twin exhaust with RS6 style exits, HID's, DRL's, over sized RS6 spoiler, stage 2 remap, RS4 K&N, Infinity 6x9, infinity door speakers, orion hcca 15 in custom enclosure 1 x hifonics brx2000.1 amp and 2 x hifonics brx 640.4 amps, 2 x yellow top batterys, RS4 turbos, inlet pipes, stage 2 clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    also, it seems that the fan cuts in on full speed and for a long time on short runs??
    Audi a6 2.7 bi-turbo, spax coilovers, 3SDM 19" 10j alloys, full turbo back twin exhaust with RS6 style exits, HID's, DRL's, over sized RS6 spoiler, stage 2 remap, RS4 K&N, Infinity 6x9, infinity door speakers, orion hcca 15 in custom enclosure 1 x hifonics brx2000.1 amp and 2 x hifonics brx 640.4 amps, 2 x yellow top batterys, RS4 turbos, inlet pipes, stage 2 clutch

2nd Gear

Status
    okay. An up date, this morning i started the car and only had it running for about 5 min, turned it off and the fan cut in as usual, full blast!!! then i noticed some smoke at the back of the engine that i worked out was only happening when the after run fan was on (fast or slow) so i took of the 'y' pipe to get a better view and this is what i found

this is located at the back of the head, so you can get a rough idea of where it is above it are 3 pipes vacum forfuel pressure reg, vacume for brake servo and another random pipe, so what is this part? and why has/is it melting when the engine is off and the after run fan is on???

Neutral

Status
    WHat i will say disconect it and get it to a auto electrics before it goes on fire